PlayStation Sand Patch Multiple Lighting Unit Control / Brake Advice Please

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by whiteleyaj, Aug 25, 2020.

1. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

I've tried following this but cannot seem to get both engines lights tto sync up at night.

Single Unit or Intermediate Unit
    In this setting, the locomotive will not react to headlight instructions coming from
    other locomotives in the consist. The headlights, if required, must be set up using
    the normal switches on the control stand.
    Controlling with Unit Coupled at Long Hood End
    Use this setting if this locomotive is the controlling unit for the lighting
    configuration (usually this would be the lead locomotive), and the next unit in the
    consist is coupled to this locomotive’s long hood end.
    Controlling with Unit Coupled at Short Hood End
    Use this setting if this locomotive is the controlling unit for the lighting
    configuration (usually this would be the lead locomotive), and the next unit in the
    consist is coupled to this locomotive’s short hood end.
    Controller from Another Unit Coupled at Either End
    If this unit should respond to lighting commands from a controlling unit then use
    this setting.
    When the lighting is set up correctly, this means that the engineer can use the
    front and rear headlight controls on their lead locomotive control stand and it will
    correctly operate the lights on the locomotives in the consist.

(taken from the manual)
    Do you have to set something up in both engines? Or jus the one. Ive tried various combos but can only get the main beam working on the engine Im in not the other when going in reverse.......

Any suggestions / advice appreciated.

Also any guidance on the brake system would be appreciated too. Are you meant to power the engine with (25) brakes engaged? ? (Im thinking no but could be wrong) Cant seem to find a way to turn it off without keeping the independent brake release permanently held down....?

2. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

3. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

Be more specific. Are the units back to back, nose to nose, nose to tail? Then I can tell you how to set the headlight control.

As far as the braking, on the AC4400, to cut in the both sides of the air stand, you have to use the computer soft keys in front of you. The screen should show the automatic "Cut In" and the independent "Lead".

4. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

The engine I was in was connected to the other engine short hood (me) long hood) other engine.

5. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Now in scenario long hood to long hood - still no joy.....
    20200826_103924.jpg

6. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

As for brakes (Im not sure if you are referring to switches / keys in the cab or a keyboard (dont have one on my ps4) This is my start up scenario...... When I release brakes fully still always 27 at top.... (maybe Im reading it wrong - I assume this means 27 "bits" of brake applied as soon as I release throttle my speed decreases immediately.... hence I fell running with brakes on..... Ive fiddled with the cut out valve and the MU2A valve - which does release it but then I think I bugger it up .........as ot seems less easy to handle or stop.

Sorry Im new to TSW........(screen capture below)
    ScreenHunter_7938 Aug. 26 10.51.jpg

7. Jb431

Jb431 New Member

I can’t figure the lights out, but so far this seems to have worked for the brakes. Lead engine brakes lead or dead, rear engine brakes on trail 6 or 26. Don’t know if this affects it, but the banking comm is set to on in the lead loco as well.

8. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

You have to cut the automatic in by turning the copper knob to "Cut In". Once you do that and make sure the independent is set to "Lead or Dead", your BC (brake cylinder pressure measured in PSI" will release.

9. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

As far as the headlight control, the knob on the back wall behind the engineer seat should be as follows:

On the engine you're running from: Controlling with locomotive coupled at long hood end.
    Trailing engine: Controlled from locomotive coupled at either end.