Why Would You Remove Features

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dallas117, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I wasn't a fan of the new controls because it removes a lot of features like multiple external cameras, but I noticed now that no matter what route you're on you can't use external camera's in any tunnel. Why would you do that? I loved watching my train go through tunnels in TSW2020, now no matter where you are it puts you in the driver cam. Horrible decision, please enable this again.

• Like Like x 3
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The camera would often get stuck behind the wall in tunnels so I expect that was one of the reasons. Although if you positioned it before entering the tunnel you could avoid that issue. I'm ok with not having extra cameras on the immersion controls as you can always go back to the classic control scheme.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya I'm cool with having multiple control layouts, but why not make it, that if your camera is external before entering a tunnel, leave it, I want to watch the train go in and out of a tunnel or drive through it, seeing it glow. I would rather have a stuck camera that I can reset then completely not being able to any more.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I noticed also that you can’t use the headout cameras in tunnels either. And all of this stays locked out while any part of your train is still in the tunnel. That’s an awful long time on SPG route. Can’t watch your train exit a tunnel any more while you’re driving, as you’ve got to wait for the tail end to come out as well before you can switch to external or headout. Bonkers.

I can only assume this is because of having to lock us out of the tunnels in the Bakerloo route but they have had to do it globally. I haven’t tried walking through a tunnel in another route yet to test this.

• Like Like x 2
  5. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I miss being able to take pictures in tunnels, i took some amazing shots where the train almost took on a ghost train look with the way the lighting plays with the train in the tunnel, or just headlights of the train in the deep blackness of the tunnel, please give us back our tunnel cams oh overlords at DTG?!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya not sure if it was another oversight or what, but definitely need it back, even in TSW2020 in all the German routes, I loved watching the train in the tunnels, looked so awesome, I probably won't play 2 on the old routes now

7. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

Yeah, I don't get it either. they took away a lot of the fun camera angles. Plus, I wanted to add if anyone noticed...there's no dedicated button for turning off the bell on US trains in the "Immersion Control" when in an external view. You have to switch back into the cab to turn it off manually.

8. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Call me a cynic, but It's almost a subtle way into funneling the player to play the game in the way the devs want you to, and not how we the players want to, so the only option for everything to be in easy reach or access is the developers designated view or control scheme, but again I'm just a cynical dude :cool: :D

9. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya that's why I think they should have basic and advanced control schemes, because a lot of new players, usually the ones to complain a lot, might prefer this immersion controls, you see so many reviews of players not knowing how make their train work, and so on. But the best way to make everyone happy is to have multiple ways of playing, hence the different control options, I don't see how they thought these new controls would go well with most people. So limited and man the camera in the tunnel that doesn't enable until the entire train is out is just ridiculous.