Robbed Wheres My Money

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by blueghost, Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueghost

blueghost Member

Ive been robbed, sick of this CRAP nothing going right, faults galore red lights, dodgy brakes, defaults not set, Total blind robbery. Needs a very very big overhaul or totally re write the game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Have you reported any of the specific issues you’ve encountered? Unless you do, DTG might not be aware of them.

3. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Oh he we go again....

So to clarify -

You can't drive like you did in TSW 2020, you'll just lock the brakes up or won't give them enough. Google Seach TSW 2 adhesion engine to gain a insight.

You need to provide details on Red signal issues, we've had lots reported already, all in the Technical Reports forum.

Defaults not set? What does this even mean?

Game does not need rewrite. Explain your issues further and you might get some assistance resolving some of them.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  4. blueghost

blueghost Member

Defaults meaning, if itvwasnt for decent people assisting with info regards on how to get a loco moving uphill i.e., switching on radio's ect everyone would have a loco stuck on a 1.5 % gradient, red signal attempting to proceed to Cumberland Terminal, Faults faults faults and to top it all I had to re install RAW 2020.

5. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Well seems your mind is made up!

The uninstallation bug wasn't picked up in testing, they've held their hands up to that and fixed it within 4 days.
    DTG have also acknowledged a bug with the signalling on Cumberland Terminal.

So you want the game to be basically a push button/turn based game where it does everything for you and all you have to do is throttle up, kind of defeats it being called Train Sim World.

Well there's more working than there is faults, so to say something needs a rebuild/recoding and that it's all faulty is a flawed argument.

This game has been worked on through lockdown, meaning most people have been working from home, so there are bound to be bugs that need to be ironed out. It's only been out a week, so calm down your self entitlement to a refund down, and wait for a few weeks/months for polishing patches like the rest of us.

• Like Like x 6
  6. russianchip

russianchip Guest

I’m enjoying the game especially adhesion, actually driving the train not just notching up and leaving it. Yes there are a few issues but they’re being addressed in order of relevance to those players who can’t play.

Other threads will answer some questions, I found them very useful with new immersion control and banking engines!

Make a tea and enjoy the game

• Like Like x 5
  7. blueghost

blueghost Member

Do you work for dovedale or just a true follower,

8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Nope just a man with some common sense and a grown up attitude towards the work that's been done on this game during lockdown.

If you've played the game for less that 2 hours you can request a refund through the Xbox.com website.

• Like Like x 4
  9. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

I must say when I first played tsw2 I got very annoyed with it. Not because of trains being hard to drive, I enjoy the challenge of that. Just alot of the bugs/crashes etc. I was almost at the point in asking for a refund too.. but.. then I had a cup of tea and thought about the fact that, this has been produced under lockdown. I also had to run my business through lockdown, which is a totally different line of work but I had problem after problem and nothing was easy. So with that in mind and having cleared some space on the xbox I went back to it and yeh, it's a super quality game, on the surface it maybe doesn't seem like a huge jump but there is alot of improvements , yes it has bugs but under the current circumstances I feel were lucky to have as little bugs as we do. It has also only been out for a week and I'd imagine alot of these will be ironed out soon. Chill man

• Like Like x 4
  10. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

This is a thread started by a person that thought they were brilliant at driving trains, and because the challenge just ramped up and they aren't as good as they thought, they can't handle that truth so instead blame the game, true game got few niggles that need to be sorted but what game doesn't these days, so instead of trying to make the world burn, use the community and forums to learn and get more out of the game, and most of all just relax, the world is burning enough already, we come here to bloody escape it and just enjoy our trains.

• Like Like x 8
  11. russianchip

russianchip Guest

[removed by Protagonist - argumentative]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2020
  12. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it isn't truly fixed. Their patch broke something else. And the patch to the patch has done similar.

• Like Like x 1
  13. blueghost

blueghost Member

[removed by Protagonist - watch the language]

14. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, all they did was reverse the issue.

Before, booting up TSW2020 removed DLC's from TSW2, requiring you to reacquire the license, as despite looking as if it was uninstalled, it was just "invisible".

They then supposedly patched it, but Sam reported the patched issue incorrectly, as being that booting up TSW2 was deleting TSW2020, which ironically enough, is now pretty much the case, as booting up TSW2 removes preserved routes from TSW2020, until once again, the licenses are reacquired.

I knew that the whole preserved content transfer wouldn't go smoothly, but I didn't expect the ball to be dropped quite like this, with a patch that rather than resolving the issue, simply UNO reverses it.

And now, they've seemingly gone radio silent on the matter...

15. blueghost

blueghost Member

16. russianchip

russianchip Guest

• Like Like x 1
  17. krustynuggets

To the person that birthed this thread (BLUEGHOST), just a question, if this game is so messed up broken and needing a redo as you claim, why have I managed to get 75% of the achievements with no trouble and hassle in just over a week of release?? Penny for your thoughts?? :cool: :D

18. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

To be fair its weekend and a bank holiday in the UK aswell. And they probably need some time to investigate what exactly is causing the issue since the fix they applied havent resolved it completely. This process just takes some time

• Like Like x 2
  19. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

You're absolutely right. I misread your post, it appears I'm the stupid one!
    My sincerest apology sir.

• Like Like x 1
  20. D3VILDOG8541

21. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Okay enough can we keep these forums being civil and stop acting like your at primary school.

• Like Like x 2
  22. russianchip

russianchip Guest

All good, race you up sand patch!

• Like Like x 1
  23. D3VILDOG8541

Lol, my racing days are over, unless it's to the cooler for another beer!

24. blueghost

blueghost Member

25. krustynuggets

• Like Like x 3
  26. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Ok, enjoy playing TSW2!

27. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Microsoft can refund Xbox purchases that you're not satisfied with, have you considered that?
    Personally I am enjoying the game very much despite its challenges, have spent at least 100 hours playing it since it released

• Like Like x 2
  28. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This thread has gone quite far enough.

If you have any problems with the game please take it to the Tech Reports forum. Ranting in a thread is only going to encourage people to try and help, and is likely to result, like this one, in the thread being locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.