PlayStation Imersive Controlls In Preserved Trains

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Observadorpt, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

They say i think you cannot use immersive controls in preserved collection, but im using it in ps4 version. correct if im wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You can but not in any scenario's

• Like Like x 1
  3. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

How so?? Why not on scenario's?? Did they say anything why not?

• Like Like x 2
  4. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I don't know & they never said why. It's odd using classic controls

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Because they would have to rework the scenarios and tutorials to make sure they work properly. I'm happy that you can use the new control scheme in the timetable services in preserved collection.

• Like Like x 2
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There are certain instructions that pop up in the scenarios telling you which buttons on the controller to press for certain actions. For that reason they have to be one or the other. For preserved content it’s the classic (as the instructions used those controls) and for new TSW2 content it will be the immersion controls (because they are using that as the default from now on).

• Like Like x 1
  7. haiopais

haiopais New Member

I really would love to use the new controller layout in preserved collection :love:
    This new layout was the major reason why I bought TSW2. I think it makes the game way better playable.

• Like Like x 2
  8. box215

box215 Active Member

The trick is to make sure you have the default control scheme set before you choose a route:

For TSW 2 routes, make sure your controller scheme is set to Immersion
    For the Preserved Collections routes, make sure your control scheme is set to Classic

This way you'll be able to select whichever control scheme you want once you're in the driver's seat

If you start up Bakerloo with Classic set as the control scheme, you'll get that popup saying it requires immersion and you won't be able to select classic once the game loads
    If you startup Bakerloo with Immersion as the control scheme, you'll be able to switch to classic if you want once the game starts.

And vice-versa for Preserved Collections routes
    Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I believe whenever you do a timetable mission that you can select whichever control scheme you prefer. But like others have said above, if you want to do a scenario, make sure that the controller settings are set to that specific scheme before you start -- Immersion for TSW 2 and Classic for the Preserved Collection -- and then you can change it to whatever you like once the mission starts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hobinm

hobinm New Member

well, not sure if this is a bug or not? i started playing journey on the peninsula corridor preserved collection in tsw 2. and the first 4 or 5 missions/scenarios in the journey you had too use the classic controls and suddenly with out any warning all the rest of them are using immersion. not sure why and it wont let me switch it back too classic.