Locomotive Roundhouse Diorama

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by maxthum, Aug 29, 2020.

1. maxthum

maxthum Active Member

As we all know, the new Microsoft Flight Simulator came out and there's something that could be a potential idea that can be incorporated into TSW. This ideally would be an ideal thing to consider as a feature for the next release of TSW.

MSFS has a hangar mode which allows you to see the planes and liveries that you had made or collected during you're adventures as a pilot. It's that feeling you got a new plane and you're getting ready for a new adventure.

The current diorama is just a generic rural area (assumed to be Germany) and it honestly feels out of place for some trains. Like SD40 in Germany (strange). The same can be applied to the rest of the trains in one way or another.

[​IMG]

So what I'm proposing is like a locomotive roundhouse to replace the diorama, which is better suited to the majority of the locomotives and other rollingstock that we have collected in our TSW journey. It allows us (the players) to better see our trains in a museum and have a greater appreciation for them.

This would allow the player to sit back and relax while the game does some detailed shots of the (train being selected) and makes you feel excited to drive it when you're just selecting through the menu or just admiring the train itself.

• Like Like x 4
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I like that idea! The old Trainz that I used to play had a similar feature, but in a service shop, and I really liked that. It would be nice if TSW2 had that option as a "diorama".

• Like Like x 1
  3. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Generally speaking the idea itself is not bad at all, but I'd prefer if DTG focus on more crucial areas at first.

• Like Like x 2