PlayStation Ps4 Pro

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richard cooper, Aug 30, 2020.

1. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I have just updated to PS4 Pro, and am pretty pleased how Tsw 2 looks better, clearer picture, cleaner textures. In particular how buildings look a lot cleaner in texture as they pass buy. One thing I have noticed though is a short but noticeable increase in fan noise. I would ask, is this normal and would anybody recommend buying one of them fans for ps4 pro from amazon. User reviews aren't great, but I don't know how far they can be trusted. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RealKenny_D

RealKenny_D Member

There has been plenty of discussion on this subject here

• Like Like x 1
  3. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

What system did you use before if you don't mind?
    Asking as I'm not in PS4PRO and haven't noticed anything different from those who are on YT on PS4pro.

I'm also not on PS4 savory if I may add.

4. Rush

Rush Member

I’ve heard many times that the PS4 Pro does tend to believe it’s a jet turbine with many different games. I think as long as you keep the vents clean and the area surrounding it clear then you shouldn’t have any problems. Also just to clarify, I don’t own a PS4 Pro, just a regular PS4, but I play most stuff on my Xbox One X which is near silent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I've had my PS4 for nearly three years, never maintained, cleant it and it's quiet, completely quiet. I really think it's about that as it sits in area where it's hard for air to circle. When I heard that some people have problems with fan noice and that the console gets too hot, I never had that problem.
    At the se time, the temp in my room rarely goes over 25C and in the winter it's about 15C since that's how things are in this house (cheap build with central European ideals in Northern Europe plus heating fan is up in the ceiling where the warm air circulates anyway).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Whilst the PS4 Pro is great (I have one) the PS5 is out in a few months. It might have been better waiting for that to arrive instead. Although DTG hasn’t announced anything PS5 specific as yet, it is supposed to be backwards compatible and would likely offer an even better performance boost over the PS4 Pro for TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  7. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I did consider waiting for PS5, but thought I had never bought a system upon release yet. Plus I got it cheap from a friend. I had been on standard ps4, so I will give it to my grandson.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Fair enough :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rush

Rush Member

I think everyone in this thread thought you bought it new. If it’s used you should definitely make sure the vents are clean, your friend might not have cleaned them regularly. You could just look up YouTube videos on the best ways to do that or even read the suggestions from the link to that other thread in this forum. It could help with the fan noise quite a bit.

also enjoy that PS4 Pro, it’s always nice when you can upgrade! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Most games cause my PS4 Pro fan to kick into overdrive, unfortunately it's just something I've gotten used to. I'll be sure to check on my vents though, thanks for the advice.

• Like Like x 1