Semmeringbahn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Snek, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Semmeringbahn

[​IMG]

Semmeringbahn is a famous Austrian mountain railway, spanning from Gloggnitz over the Semmering to Mürzzuschlag. Over it's 41 km it crosses numerous viaducts, bridges and tunnels, while offering scenic views over the sorrounding valleys. It was constructed between 1848 and 1854 as a part of the Südbahn (Southern railway), connecting Wien with Trieste. Today, a new base tunnel is being constructed under Semmering on the entire length of the railway.
    It's fame and shorter-ish length make it an ideal first step into Austrian content.

[​IMG]

With grades as steep as 2.5%, it's always a challenging drive and multiple locomotives must be employed to haul freight trains. Unlike on most double tracked railways in Austria, trains on Semmeringbahn use the left track due to it's old design.

[​IMG]

Rolling stock avaliable is fairly diverse, with multiple future loco and emu dlc options.

[​IMG]
    ÖBB 1142

[​IMG]
    ÖBB 1116

[​IMG]
    ÖBB 1144

[​IMG]

ÖBB 4023

And my favourite:
    [​IMG]
    ÖBB class 1216 (Taurus III)

For TSW, Semmeringbahn offers beautiful scenery, challenging driving and a mixture of freight and passenger services, aswell as a possibility of new Austrian add-ons.

[​IMG]
    Bahnhof Semmering

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 34
  2. FabricioLeandro

FabricioLeandro New Member

3. nsbtog18

nsbtog18 Well-Known Member

I would like to see tis route in TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a nice route. I never liked the ÖBB1116, but I really love the ÖBB1144. That loco would be an insta-buy for me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Lets have some different routes for TSW2. Personally cannot see the benefit of having duplicate routes if the TS2020 route is of a good standard. Great Western and West Somerset were duplicated.

As in the title, TS World, I personally would like to see routes from others parts of the world. Asia, Africa, Australasia and South America, first please before issuing duplicates. After all it is Train Sim World!!!

There are some fabulous railways I have traveled on in Thailand, Australia and New Zealand and would gladly pay a hefty sum to see some of these replicated for TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Just wanted to give my thoughts on that... I think that the word "World" in relation to the title is misunderstood by many as if this doesn't mean "World" as in "worldwide", but more like "the world of Train Simulation" and if DTG stays at it's release pattern, their world is about UK, US and German train simulation.

Honestly, I can't imagine that enough people would be willing to pay routes in countrys you mentioned, but a poll with such results would change my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I think the most that DTG would do for TSW 2 are swiss, austrian and maybe scottish routes

• Like Like x 1
  8. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

The Glacier Express would be immense. Matt did comment on a stream that DTG are looking at routes in other parts of the world.

It will be interesting to see what they release in the future. Canadian Rockies was a possibility mentioned IIRR.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  9. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

But not everyone plays Train Simulator as it's quite outdated. This is a new game and I'd love to see what DTG could do in TSW.
    Anyway, I'm just trying to suggest some Austrian content in general and Semmeringbahn seemed like a good place to start. We need more different countries in TSW and I doubt DTG will ever make routes from regions you are suggesting, but Austria might actually happen.

• Like Like x 3
  10. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

That is some beautiful scenery. This route in TSW2 is a great idea. We do need more countries featured in TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

DTG never did any Swiss routes. Rivet Games did. Lets hope more third party developers will come to TSW and give us more variety in countries than DTG gives us.

12. tinsed

tinsed New Member

Building this route as far as Wiener Neustadt would be a great move to make it more varied. While the Semmeringbahn is like 80km/h max, this would add a fast straight section with up to 160km/h. Wiener Neustadt is also a larger station so it would make more passenger services possible, like the intercity Railjet.

Wiener Neustadt Bahnhof:
    [​IMG]
    Railjet:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  13. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Agreed, then it would be a solid 60+km route. It would almost feel like a waste not including this part, but it might be a bit too much for dtg to develop anyway.
    Let's hope we get at least a bit of Austria first.

14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

There's been a few Austrian routes made by DTG as well as third party developers for Train Simulator, so I think the chances of getting one for TSW are pretty decent. Considerably better than most countries anyways :P

15. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

I'm pretty sure this one will come sooner or later.

btw, amazing job promoting this proposal. So many just post a few lines of text.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Thanks, I just try my best to show what a route has to offer for TSW, as should every suggestion imo.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

18. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Does ÖBB Class 1216 and 1293 also run here? The 1216 is one of my favourite austrian locos and is called Taurus and the 1293 is also known as Vectron.

19. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Yeah the öbb 1216 definitely does run, on both passenger and freight from many different rail companies. I made sure to include it in the original post as it's my favourite.
    Vectrons 1293 run too, but on freight and a bit less often (as far as i know).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

In TS2020 RSSLO do a lot of Austrian routes hopefully they can get onboard and do this route for TSW2. Hopefully they get in contact with DTG over doing some Austrian routes for TSW2, in recent streams they are more open with 3rd party content.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Yeah i hope that too, but their routes don't look that great.

22. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

No idea who did the Semmering in TS, but that one looked already quite amazing considering the old engine.

23. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Their the only company I know that has gone into Austria with routes I may be wrong though. Maybe with UE4 it might be better who knows hopefully they do jump on board with UE4

24. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

I'd count on that.

25. Raffomatiko

Raffomatiko New Member

Seems to be one of my favorite Austrian routes! Hope it will be added to TSW 2

• Like Like x 1
  26. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

The Semmeringbahn is a truly beautiful route, and would be fun to see in TSW2. I'd love to see the taurus with IC coaches or a Railjet, but the route offers much more, as it has freight and local traffic aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  27. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

that was a good call

28. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

For now yes, but I wouldn't call it just yet. TSW2 will be with us for a while as they've announced no TSW3 will be coming this year. They also claimed to be looking into new countries (we already had France, and I would love to see more classic French lines). Maybe the Netherlands or Australia will come after Switzerland and Austria, for the Netherlands I sure do hope so.

29. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Also the Semmeringbahn was developed by DTG for TS, wasn't it? So chances are high we can one day see this route because...
    • We got the Taurus already
    • DTG has done route research
    • PZB and LZB is hardly different to Germany
    • They have ÖBB and DB licenses
    • Some freight train layers could be used with the BR 185 as it drives in Austria, i think

• Like Like x 1
  30. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

And now it's finally coming :D

• Like Like x 1