Uk Dlc Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bartoliwier, Aug 22, 2020.

1. bartoliwier

bartoliwier New Member

I personally would love to see more modern commuter routes in TSW 2, especially those which operate in London. For example, a South Western Railway route from London Waterloo to Bournemouth at least with the Class 444 would be great. Also a Thameslink DLC would be very cool.

Also, a high speed route from Newcastle to Edinburgh would be very interesting to see.

That's just my suggestions for future UK DLCs, but so far I am very satisfied with TSW 2.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

A c2c route would be good and a greater anglia also tfl rail, they all go London.

• Like Like x 4
  3. antellis01

antellis01 New Member

Elizabeth line tfl

• Like Like x 2
  4. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Cmon. There are already 3 UK lines in London. GWE, Bakerloo and Southeastern is coming up. London should not become the center to UK routes in TSW. In general TSWuk is very Southeasterish. So I'm mostly looking forward for routes in the west. Like >>Bristol Penzance Exeter or Glasgow Liverpool Birmingham.<<

• Like Like x 7
  5. adamlucas327

adamlucas327 Member

I honestly want to see a modern take on the East Coast mainline.. driving a Class 91 in as much detail as TSW gives us would be the greatest thing.... you know what...I would also like to see the Victoria line, Elizabeth Line and Greater Anglia. All for personal reasons xD

• Like Like x 1
  6. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

I have no idea what I'm talking about and have never been - but maybe something Scottish along the coast or a lake?

• Like Like x 7
  7. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Penzance to Plymouth would be a stunner. It would have to include the branchlines though to increase the level of fun.

• Like Like x 5
  8. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

We really need a Class 55 Deltic.

• Like Like x 9
  9. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Mmmm... Deltics.

And a good length of ECML for them to sport in of course. Mind you 55022 Royal Scots Grey was hired to run trains from the potash mine at Boulby a few years ago...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

I would love to see ecmls with moorgate branch, hertford loop and maybe up to Cambridge as well as peterbrough

• Like Like x 2
  11. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

Great idea.

12. DROGE

DROGE Active Member

A few ideas from me:-

London Liverpool St to Shenfield
    Perhaps London Overground focussed, as DTG could then utilize the already produced (and fantastic) Class 377 to create a 378 perhaps. Decent end to end route but short enough to be feasible in TSW/2.

London Victoria to Horsham
    A nice spin on the London to Brighton line, but diverging at Three Bridges. Again uses the Class 377 and a feasible-length end to end route.

Newcastle to Hexham
    I'm guessing the full length of this route (Newcastle to Carlisle) would be deemed too long for TSW/2, but all of the action happens between Newcastle and Hexham. This would be in modern Northern colours and would need either a Pacer of Class 156.

Tyne & Wear Metro
    So, the above are pretty objective ideas - this one is a dream of mine as a native Geordie! The T&W Metro is 90% above ground and generally suburban. I wouldn't be expecting the whole network, but the South Shields to Airport line could be a feasible length. The City Centre stations are undersgound and all other stations are above. Would need the Metro-Cammell trains of course; an interesting stock, built in 1980 but constantly refurbished and redeveloped, in all areas including interior fittings, traction, and even the cabs. It's also an interesting line because line speeds operate in Kph for some odd reason. Max line speed 80Kph.

13. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Anything that includes Crewe with all of the depots and sidings modelled. Would really like a Class 91 and maybe a class 50, think it would not be present day...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rail Runner

Southampton to Waterloo: Class 450, Class 159 and Freightliner Class 70. DLC with Class 444.

London to Brighton including Haywards Heath to Lewes: Class 700, Class 377, Class 59. DLC with Class 455.

Exeter to Salisbury 1980s: Class 50, 4TC, Class 33, Class 47.

Reading to Gatwick Airport: Class 165/166, Class 769.

Locomotive Proposal: Class 73 can be used for Driver training and unit drags on East Coastway, and can be used on Diesel Galas on WSR.

Class 66 Horn update. The horn on the Class 66 is terrible... simply put. If the Armstrong Powerhouse horn could be used, then it would be much better. It is very annoying having to use that horn. It makes me put off by the Class 66 because it is very unrealistic for the EWS/DB loco.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Great list of suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rail Runner

Thank you. I have more for other countries. But they are listed elsewhere :)
    I have more, but can’t remember them at present.

17. Alan Paul MacDonald

Alan Paul MacDonald New Member

I would like to suggest a route like the part of the woodhead route between Manchester Piccadilly to glossop and hadfield

Or

The route between Manchester Piccadilly to Liverpool lime street and possibly routes on the west coast main line

• Like Like x 1
  18. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the Gloucester to Cardiff main line set in the 80's lots of freight and passenger work plenty of shunting in the Severn Tunnel Marshalling yards, also yards at Gloucester and either side of Newport station, so plenty of scope for scenarios and whole mix of loco's to choose from the time period, and it's roughly the length of the lines that DTG have released, so hopefully maybe one day I'll see my home city in game :) :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Teza

Teza Member

Piccadilly line to alderley edge or Disley and buxton line that be good start

• Like Like x 1
  20. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Would love to see my local route London Charing Cross to either Sevenoaks or Tonbridge. Also love Liverpool to Manchester route I know it's in TS2020 would love to see it replicated in TSW2 also.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BMW M3 GTR 2005

BMW M3 GTR 2005 Member

I'd honestly have to say the Medway Valley line or Marshlink line simply because we need a modern DMU and the 68 and Hastings-Ashford w/ Dungeness would be a great addition to the game

• Like Like x 2
  22. phocking2002

phocking2002 New Member

Cornwall to Scotland and maybe more walking around

• Like Like x 1
  23. roywild1136

roywild1136 New Member

Manchester Piccadilly to Crewe, So much add on potential, either set in BR days or Modern Day, and also the route varient either via Stockport or Styal , BR days the traction could be Class 86/87 locos and Mk 3 stock for the express ,303/304 or 310 EMUs for the stoppers, and Container trains from Traff Pk could add freight from Ptfm 13/14 (portal) using any Loco (Diesel or Electric), could even throw in another 1st Gen DMU 104s ,108s etc..
    Modern day could utilise Pendolinos for express , 66s for frieght, 323s for stoppers and any DMU from Pacers, Sprinters, etc, could even put the Airport link off the Styal line in.

24. Class 66 Operator

Class 66 Operator Member

Look in suggestions for this title

Please Bring-routes & Locomotives Uk England

25. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

London Underground Circle Line

• Like Like x 1
  26. RichGWR22

RichGWR22 Member

Cardiff - Shrewsbury
    Cotswold Line
    Exmouth - Paignton
    Birmingham - Bristol

27. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Glasgow Queen Street to Alloa, Dundee,Dunblane and Inverness on the Class 156, 158, 170, 385 and HST 125 as i live in Stirling i’m on those trains when i go into Glasgow to work and back. And also Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley on the Class 385.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  28. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Is advertising against forum rules? If not please add that to the list. Thank you. Cause it's nothing associated with the thread topic.

• Like Like x 1
  29. BMW M3 GTR 2005

BMW M3 GTR 2005 Member

Y'know, a line from London Charing Cross to Orpington could be a good idea. I wouldn't mind it in either NSE days or southeastern white days so we can have trains such as: The Class 415 (NSE), Class 421 (NSE), Class 455 (NSE) out of London Bridge, Class 465 (London-Faversham version and for modern day), Class 377 (for modern day) and maybe a Class 47/Class 50 with MK1's (NSE)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1