X-city Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bosseye, Aug 28, 2020.

1. bosseye

bosseye Member

Hi

I would love to see Birmingham's Cross City line developed for either TSW from bromsgrove/redditch-Lichfield Trent Valley

Its about the right length (40ish miles), good commuter operation with the chance for express XC services on X-City south and diverted XC services on the north.

Also has a few interesting features, mainly Lickey Bank, Birmingham New Street and the country feel of the Redditch Branch. Also either the 323s with their unique sounds or the new trains we are due to get over the next 2 years

Just so your aware I am biased as I sign the route as a senior conductor

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. jordancarr323

jordancarr323 New Member

This route would be excellent for TSW2. Other suggestions are adding the short section of line to Soho TMD where the 323s are based and a class 170 for Birmingham-Worcester services which use the section between New St and Bromsgrove. Freight opportunities exist too with Lawley St FLT and Bescot Yard.

3. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Some pictures, plans, diagrams and/or maps would be nice. As someone from outside the UK I have no idea what it would look like and wheather I'd like it.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

5. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Thanks. There really seems to be a wiki entry for everything.
    Good info, but still not enough pics for me to image it.

6. bosseye

bosseye Member

Sorry if it's "swearing" on here but there was a BVE version of the redditch-new street bit which having worked the route for the past 2 years is very accurate except upgrades to the real route since if you want to get a feel for it, but I recognise most of it despite it being 10+years old

7. ARuscoe

Go to the wiki page I linked then scroll down to the station list, if you open these entries (easier to do in a new tab if you're on a PC) then each one has a pic of the station.
    You can also use google maps to get an overview of the surrounding areas by searching the station name and going to satellite view...

8. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

You do know that when you want to promote something and get other people excited for your idea, it is very counter-productive to make us work for it?
    You could just link some pics like this:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

LOL: "Please enter a message with no more than 20 images."

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  10. ARuscoe

1. this isn't my post, so I don't "want to promote something" particularly
    2. I am a firm believer of "teaching a man to fish" rather than just giving him a fish

• Like Like x 2
  11. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Well, sorry for not realizing, since you answered a question directed at some else. Also, by doing so, it is yours now by extension.
    So, bosseye , this post was for you :)

That is total nonsense in this curcumstance and really doesn't apply here. It's not about me wanting this information but me thinking I can't support anything when I don't know what it's about. And I image I'm by far not the only one.
    As said, if you wanna sell something (in this case, an idea), you need to make it as easy and accessable as possible to the recipients. That's just basic marketing.

PS: Anyone wanna thank me for putting in 15mins of my time to further the idea? No? Well, lesson learned. Last time. Next time I will be just another one of those posts: No, thanks, not interested.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. ARuscoe

You didn't state who it was directed to, and on a public forum anyone can answer

And yet you were then able to post over 30 examples of the information you asked for... Your argument seems to be baseless in an information world

Oh, the pics are great. I especially enjoy the class 90 in EWS. That's not an oft seen occurrence in Kent where I live

13. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

Hi bosseye I would second your suggestion as a good one.

I think I know who you are and you probably know who I am. If I’m right you helped train me as a guard at a small local steam railway with about a mile of track

14. DROGE

DROGE Active Member

I agree, this would be a great line for TSW/2. Good niteresting stock too with the Class 323.

I also played the BVE route for this in the past - it was the best route available for that platform IMHO!

15. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

The route for bve was great.

16. bosseye

bosseye Member

Someone has already done it in a youtube vid. I can't take pics etc at stations as its during safety critical phases of the operation