Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thopor, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Thopor

Thopor New Member

Is there a way to swap ends with out having to run back and forth?

2. Rush

Rush Member

If you’re using the immersion controls then all you can do is hold the right stick when on foot and it’ll teleport you back into the engineer seat of the last loco you sat in. Other than that, no there’s no way when on foot to go from one end to the other that way. Only other option would be to use the external camera which does allow you to interact with most things as if you were on foot.

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Ctrl 0 puts you straight back in the driving seat but I can't remember if this swaps you into different locomotives. There is no controller button for this.

Edit: I mean no controller button for switching ends - Ctrl + on keyboard.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  4. Rush

Rush Member

Considering this is the Xbox Discussion thread though, it’s better to assume they don’t have a keyboard connected

5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Then they can be made aware a keyboard can be used on Xbox One for additional functionality. It's within reason to mention it on the Xbox forum because a keyboard works on console for games like this (text input too). As I said, there is no controller control scheme that allows you to get back to the cab (switching ends).

6. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

You mean other than the one mentioned earlier in the thread?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thopor

Thopor New Member

I have a keyboard connected to my Xbox, haven’t thought to try it out on this game. Most games have the option to enable Keyboard and mouse if it was an option to use it. If it doesn’t then most if would be used for is chat features and since this game has no chat features I never thought to try it.
    If they really wanted immersion we would have 4 wheelers, side by sides, and vans to haul us around.

8. Rush

Rush Member

Since you do have a keyboard, I recommend trying it out with the immersion controls. I wasn’t a fan of the immersion controls by itself due to the lack of functionality, but when you use the keyboard with it you get all that functionality back and more. Just FYI though, only keyboard works on console, mouse does not (for TSW of course).

9. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

If you want to switch ends the command is CTRL +. If you want to return to the cab without walking use CTRL 0 or press the right joystick

10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

CTRL 0 physically moves the driver to the driver's desk like you walked over to it. If you want to change ends CTRL + will take you there and sit you down the other end.

You can't switch ends on a controller (please let me know if you can). All you have is the camera, which isn't as convenient (and is often a bit finicky trying to get to some buttons or impossible). So seeing as the OP wanted to switch ends, I think a keyboard is recommended for a quick toggle.

So I should have said CTRL + in my other post.

• Like Like x 1