Xbox Sandpatch Slow Speed Control

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by evolution33192, Aug 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. evolution33192

evolution33192 Member

The slow speed setting on the ac4400 does not work on any coal loading besides the tutorial and "powering america". I went back and did the tutorial again to make sure I wasn't missing something, and I wasn't. When you set it the engines will speed right past the set speed and the amps will go negative like you're using the dynamic brake. Then if you use dynamic brake it goes positive like its the throttle but still acts like a dynamic brake. If I'm wrong someone please help me.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m not sure you can use it when there is more than one loco. I had an SD40 attached behind my AC4400 and when I applied the throttle in my cab it applied throttle in the other loco too. I don’t know if this is supposed to happen (as in it isn’t a bug) and therefore you just have to drive slowly normally without the slow speed control, or if there is another way of doing it by disabling the second loco from being under your control and then using the slow speed as with one loco. I can’t find any info on it.

3. Rush

Rush Member

I was having this issue as well and couldn’t figure out why I was accelerating so much then I remembered the sd40 or gp38 at the rear of my train. It was accelerating and pushing me forward. All you have to do is turn off banking and/or disable control stand and set to lead or dead. After that the slow speed was working much better, the only thing was the downhill slope I was on was making my train speed up just barely too fast that I couldn’t load hoppers 100%. The slow speed control was having a hard time maintaining the speed on the downhill grade, but nothing like before I disabled the sd40 or gp38

4. evolution33192

evolution33192 Member

5. evolution33192

evolution33192 Member

Yes I ended up realizing it was the rear engine pushing me, turning off banking works, but like you said that slope makes it somewhat tricky.

6. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

7. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

I can't even get my AC4400CW moving at all ... have tried everything - not setting slow speed control then setting it. Banking radio on and off etc but nothing seems to work. I only have 2 identical locos at the front and nothing at the very back of the trucks. This is SO frustrating - assuming, of course, that this isn't another bug preventing me from moving forward?! :(:mad:

8. mancunian#7861

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Did you remember to turn the Generator Field switch on?

10. mancunian#7861

I did indeed, Bill, yes. :) I'll try it again later and double-check but it's possibly on that display thing (computer type one) that's the problem. :(

11. solicitr

I do seem to recall that 2mph is too fast, whatever the game tells you, and that you need to keep it under 1.6 to get 100% fills. But I don't believe I have ever had any problems getting an AC4400 to move! Is it possible that you haven't established brake control (in the computer), and that your brakes are locked on?

12. mancunian#7861

It's possible I suppose. I also understand there's a break outside on the left hand side of the loco so I'll check that out too but likely it's something to do with the computer as you say. I've just been reading Rudolph's guide, which makes things a bit easier to understand than DTG's one does. I've not had problems before with this loco either but this scenario you don't get any 'instructions', just where you have to go. Not very helpful really.

13. mancunian#7861

I just checked and not sure if this is the problem or not but BP is only 2! er 89, BC 63 and mr 137. in IFD brake settings, got them both (top and bottom) set to cut out and lead. Is that right? I found an emergency brake on the opposite side of the cabin by the other seat currently set to closed. I presume that's right? Anything to change on the switch panel behind my chair? I'll read that guide again later but that's where I am so far and still no joy. :(

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No, you need the brakes cut in to operate the brakes in the loco.

• Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

They should be cut in! Otherwise your brake handle is disconnected and won't release them (hence 63 psi in the brake cylinder, when you want 0, and the pipe almost empty when it should have ~90 pounds))

• Like Like x 1
  16. mancunian#7861

Thank you Bill and Stu! OK cut in not out ... I honestly didn't know the difference. :) And Rudolphs guide gave a way to fix low bps so I'll go try that now and see how I get on. Crazy when these scenarios do this and the game gives no guidance or help at all. :( Thank goodness for these forums. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. mancunian#7861

OK You were both right - once I set the computer to cut in and lead, all I then had to do was reset the brakes to get ER and BP to 89 and I was able to move. I started U876-C Coal Runaround at Yoda and got SPAD I did. Said Nick in his best Yoda voice. :D

I did, however, have problems with the speed loading the coal. I'd set it to 1.6 but because I left the throttle on 2, it was starting to get to 2mph and not filling the wagons to 100%. I changed the throttle to 1 and the slow speed to 1.6 but that still didn't fill them to 100% for some reason but 99% seemed to be accepted, although I only got bronze for it rather than gold but at least I completed it. I guess that must be another bug because certainly it didn't work like that during the introduction to coal loading scenario/tutorial.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  18. solicitr

Yes, you only need notch 1. Part of the challenge at Shaw is the downgrade, and the train getting heavier and heavier. You need to keep dropping the slow speed target, down to as low as 1.0 (but still going about 1.6) for the last few cars.

• Like Like x 1
  19. solicitr

Cut in = on
    Cut out = off

• Like Like x 1
  20. mancunian#7861

Thanks, Bill. Yes, that makes sense. If or when I replay it, I'll be ready for it! :)

21. mancunian#7861

As I mentioned getting a SPAD last night, I presume I can carry on talking about it here. A search provided nothing surprisingly. I've been replaying Runaround at Yoda this morning and, once again, got SPADded but next time round I was ready for it and pulled up before the red light just fine. So I waited, and waited ... inched forwards a little, waited some more ... a huge long train passed to my right but wasn't going to cross my line and I wasn't going to cross his but still I waited until I got fed up waiting and made my way here. :) Anyone know if this is another SPG bug or will it eventually change?