PlayStation External Camera & Tunnels

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shwing, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Hi everyone.

Am I missing something, or does the game force the camera view to change to internal view when going through a tunnel - no matter how short?
    What the....?
    Definitely didn't do this with TSW2020 - a lot of the times I would place the camera view to be external at front of train (so I just had the track in front of me). I could quite happily drive this way for as long as I wanted.
    Now, however, as soon as I go into any length of tunnel the game switched to internal view - why? (does on both PS4 & PC versions)

Edit - Obviously the Underground is excluded from this - I know that's designed with no external cameras whilst under ground.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I noticed this as I do the same, placing a camera in front of the train. It’s one if my favourite things to do in TSW2020. For what appears to be no reason all tunnels revert you to the internal camera.

This has another effect. You can’t watch a train exit a tunnel with an external camera as you are limited to the internal camera until the whole of the train has exited from the tunnel not just the front, which for Sand Patch Grade can be some considerable time. Another favourite thing for me to do in TSW2020 is switch to the free camera just as my train exits the tunnel. Can’t do that in TSW2.

The fun is being drained from the game.

Another thing I’ve noticed about this is that it doesn’t remember where you had the camera before putting you back inside, so you have to reposition it again when you go back to the external camera.

3. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

There is no external view in tunnels, internal only, just like you can’t free roam in tunnels either

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I know they’ve done that for the underground and that has specific reasons for it but I don’t see why that has to be the case for tunnels on the other routes. It was never like that in TSW2020.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Exactly - as said in my original post, I know why the Underground has been designed not to allow cameras in the tunnel... but there is absolutely no reason for the same to apply to all other routes, especially when this wasn't an issue with TSW2020.
    Like yourself Stujoy, I too often played the game with 'bumper' cam - now I can't! :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. septafan

septafan Active Member

You can free roam the tunnel. Stop the train in the tunnel at a junction open the doors and hop out. You can’t n run to the station due too the wall at the boarder bat just pull the train into the station and hop on the platform