Brown Grass In Winter

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pschlik, Dec 3, 2017.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

One thing I was hoping to see in TSW after playing the beta a year ago were scenarios that take place in winter without snow. The fact that weather customization coming in the full release would include changing snow levels gave me the impression that a winter without snow would be possible to do. After all, not all winter is snowy, unlike TS1 would seem to think.

But if you have ever done winter without snow, you'd know it is pretty...vomit inducing. It basically looks like the apocalypse of dead trees, where grass is still OK and perfectly green.
    20170330182849_1.jpg
    In fact, due to the bug with trees not losing their leaves in winter, which DTG seems to refuse to want to fix, winter without snow now just looks like early Autumn.
    20171203122058_1.jpg
    Just compare that to real life, where everything including the grass is brown. Now that's winter. Not whatever TSW says.
    [​IMG]

So for the sake of realism, I think DTG should really 1. fix this darn bug with leaves in the winter and 2. make winter textures for grass (that gradually change as it gets later in Autumn) so it looks dead in winter. TS1 can handle different textures on the same material that change with the seasons, so why shouldn't TSW be able to do that?

• Like Like x 8
  2. Sparkplug

Sparkplug New Member

yes this would be a nice feature.

• Like Like x 2