I'm Stuck

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elvescast, Aug 25, 2020.

1. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

I dont know why when I drive the ac4400cw whenever I pull back on the power because I'm close to the track speed the loco automatically acts like it's under full brakes

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  2. jaemes.hunt

jaemes.hunt Member

I had the same issue. It most likely is you're not cutting the brakes correctly. So go to the Integrated Function Screen on the dash. Select Button 1 (Air Brakes) then button F3 (Cut-In), button F4 (Lead), button F6 (Change Setup) to save the setup and finally button F8 if you wish to leave that menu. Release the auto brake and wait until the brake pressure rises above 79psi.

The other thing to take note of is if you are doing a cold start - release the handbrake. It it located on the left side walkway of the loco near the rear.

Also ensure generator field is switched on.

3. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

The power handle on this loco also controls the dynamic brakes, so pull it back to the middle and that's your idle, keep pulling it back and your applying dynamic brakes from a setting of 1 to 8

4. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Thanks for all the replies, it was the screen setup I was missing thanks

5. ArmaElite

ArmaElite New Member

Is anybody on Xbox having issues with the AC4400 introduction tutorial because as soon as I get to the enter the engineers main screen it will not let me go any further

6. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Switch back to classic controls, you can then finish the scenerio

• Like Like x 1
  7. ArmaElite

ArmaElite New Member

I tried that doesn't work I've tried everything

8. roggek

roggek Active Member

Then maybe driving trains isn't your cup of tea...

Just kidding!

In "classic view" mode press your right stick and select Internal camera view and flip to "More...", then select "Engineers panel".

But I agree, the "classic view mode" should have been the standard in this tutorial from Start!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  9. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

You have to switch to "immersion" in the main menu before loading the tutorial. If the game switches it for you (you get the popup) then you won't be able to switch to "classic" to get into the Engineers Main Screen.

10. roggek

roggek Active Member

No, you don't. Dont mislead Disintregation7, please.
    If you are in "immersive" mode on Sandpatch, you don't get a notification to switch to "classic" mode.
    You only get the "popup" to switch to classic mode with the preserved routes
    , which is a major bug in the game
    The popup notification for "classic" mode should be included in all tutorials if the game detects that you are in "immersion" mode.

But you can switch mode "on the fly" via the pause meny, LB to Controls, press A and switch between the controls Immersive/Classic.

11. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'm not misleading, at all. If you have controls set to "classic" and load the AC4400CW tutorial, it will pop-up and auto switch them to "immersion" and will not let you switch them back to "classic", making the tutorial impossible to complete.

To complete the tutorial you must have controls set to "immersion" BEFORE you load the tutorial and then switch to "classic" once you've loaded in.

Sorry if my first post was unclear. I wish they would make an FAQ/Sticky since this question gets asked every day (understandably so).

• Like Like x 1
  12. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Absolutely true.

13. ArmaElite

ArmaElite New Member

Thanks all I got it done