Minimum Words Or Letters Requirement

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by UnlimitedMagic, Aug 31, 2020.

1. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I have seen that maybe we need a word or letter minimum requirement on suggestions because people seem to be doing suggestions with a few words.
    This would also encourage people make suggestions with more detail into what they want

• Like Like x 3
  2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about a minimum word count but I'd agree that there should be a minimum amount of information in a suggestion. I think it's perfectly acceptable for a suggestion to include a link to that information if there's a good website along with a few sentences to pique people's interest. (Hope so anyway- I suggested the Cromford and High Peak a while ago and pretty much followed that template.)

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The suggestions forum is used for all kinds of suggestions, not just routes. A suggestion for adding a certain feature or a minor improvement to something may only actually need a couple of sentences (such as this thread ;) ).

You also risk getting poor quality suggestions where people waffle on about how cool it would be to have a route that they used to travel on when they were a kid or they add a load of useless information, or loads of random letters, to their short suggestion just to get over the word count. It might be worse than what we have now.

Short suggestions are easy to close and then ignore at present.