PC Sand Patch Grade - Y111 - Car Shop Deliveries

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by shackcat, Aug 28, 2020.

1. shackcat

shackcat New Member

The game instructs the player to deliver the wagons to Cunmberland Car. Dept Track 01 & 03 seperately.
    The issue is that the trigger spot is 200 yds away from the lead Engine and can't be reached as the wagon and buildings are in the way.

Cumberland Car Dept Track 01 _ 03.jpg

This trigger does work if you stop the wagons over the spot.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I haven't tried driving this (session? scenario? ???) yet, but since "coaches" are passenger vehicles and do not exist in this route, you must mean "cars". Or, perhaps, you've got the wrong route name?

3. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

I've just completed service Y111 without any problems. I'm assuming you didn't stop far enough onto the actual marker. The game is finicky about this, if you even have a tad bit of the marker past the car or not far enough in, it won't work, which is why I've grown accustomed to always stopping with the marker mid-way on my car/loco.

Screenshot of next step after that one (you can also see the box cars parked on that track)
    [​IMG]

4. TheShotte

Dude, not for nothing, but you just wrote a whole response insinuating he used the wrong route name where anyone can clearly see from the screenshot it's sure as hell Cumberland Yard, and on top of that, you said he used "coaches" which is also false because his specific word was wagons, which is the English way of saying what Americans call cars.

• Like Like x 1
  5. shackcat

shackcat New Member

Well, wrt to LastTrainToClarksville post I did say coaches instead of wagons even though Dovetail calls them vehicles.
    Wrt TheShotte I posted for Track 1 and 3 not Track 4 as per your screenshot.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  6. TheShotte

Did you read what I wrote? The screenshot is of the instruction following the one you "Couldn't do". Pull up far enough on the marker and the service works perfectly fine, there is nothing wrong with it.

7. LastTrainToClarksville

There's a general problem with destination markers in TSW2 -- as there was in TSW as well. Sometimes the driven engine is supposed to stop at the marker, but not always. For example, in the first drop-off of Y111, stopping the driven engine at the marker would mean shoving the freight cars into a shed with a completely unfinished interior, so I chose to stop the car farthest from the engines at the marker, which satisfied the requirement. A consistent use of the stop marker to indicate where the driven engine's driver is located in the cab (as is done when entering an engine) would seem much more helpful and far less confusing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

"wet"???

9. shackcat

shackcat New Member

Apologies, spelling mistake corrected , if only DG paid as much attention to detail as members of this forum pay to spelling, TSW2 would be an awesome game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheShotte

When it comes to freight trains, if the marker is in front in relation to your train, you stop with the engine (first vehicle in consist). If the marker is behind in relation to your train, you stop with the last car attached to your train (last vehicle in consist). This logic has always worked for me in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  11. LastTrainToClarksville

In other words, the destination marker applies to the "vehicle" (to use DTG's terminology) closest to it, which does indeed make sense. This is most obvious in regard to dropping off a rack of cars/wagons near a structure of some kind, since the interiors of structures are almost never modeled yet "vehicles" can pass through their closed doors into nowhere-land.