PlayStation Same Old, Same Old

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, Aug 30, 2020.

1. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

There are people here wondering why some users seems so angry or aggressive. Well, personally I don't hate DTG employees and in general I appreciate their work, but I really can't understand why some bugs, some of them are just "cosmetic", are still there after years. Everybody noticed since day one (more than 1 year ago) the missing sea (!) in Peninsula Corridor. Well, the Gobi desert is still there, even in the preserved route. I suppose the bugged tunnel in LIRR will be there too as soon as the route will reappear in the preserved content...

20200830_172651.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 New Member

Come on now, some people are really hard to please.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 New Member

All you do is moan. We all want better, but constantly complaining isn't going to accomplish anything.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ildario77

Don't worry, my moans are well counterbalanced by constant praise on this forum :D

• Like Like x 7
  5. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I hope the LIRR tunnel bug is fixed as Im very sure the East river tunnel doesn't do that. The Penn corridor bug is just odd I mean like how can you mess that up so bad. & it's also very frustrating when bugs like this never get fixed or the bugs are never picked up by the testers.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Rush

Rush Member

Should post this in the Technical Reports thread to at least remind them there of this issue. Maybe this is something that that new team they've put together can handle

• Like Like x 3
  7. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't class expecting there to be sea at the side of a coastal route being hard to please.
    I think you will find that large parts of the community complaining about the initial announcement of TSW2 and the preserved collection played a big part in DTG'S delay of the release and greater implementation of the preserved collection. So yes, complaining can achieve something.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

yeah like sure you can moan about like little teething details which can be annoying but if your moaning about something as big of a detail as that, (personally i don't know the route so just going of your comments on it) seems really bad maybe it could be down to draw distances i don't know but hope this gets looked at peninsula corridor though has never really been a route i have enjoyed playing.

• Like Like x 2
  9. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

They did say that much of the TSW2020 routes will exist in the exact same condition in the preserved collection as they were in the original. Its less than desirable, but at least you can't fault them for being dishonest lol

Though with all this talk with that new bug fixing team, perhaps this is something that they can tackle at some point?

• Like Like x 4
  10. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Just a question. Two actually.
    Do you get some perverse pleasure out of it? Do you want this game to be success or bust?

Cheers!!!

11. longo239

Of course I want it to be a success, but it doesn't mean that I have to accept a poor quality product, you may be prepared to accept mediocre, but there's a lot of people who aren't. If you tell them all is rosy, then they won't try to do better.

Why do you think this new policy of openness and honesty came about? Not because people told them they were doing a great job.

Why do you think the preserved collection has been integrated more? Not because people told them it was wonderful that their old TSW2020 DLC's were being initially abandoned.

If they are allowed to put out mediocre products that their core customer isn't happy with, they will go bust. I and a lot of people won't just keep feeding them money in the hope that one day they may turn out something great.

Would you buy a brand new car with bits missing and poor quality paintwork and accept it without complaining? because TSW2 is supposed to be a brand new game and there are bits missing and by all accounts some of it is poor quality.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  12. kennyjamesscott

The reason I asked is because you only seem to highlight bad and not seeing the good bits. Putting just negative spin and aura about the game while many people enjoy this game and for some it's extremely important.
    What I'm afraid of is because of all this negativity, devs one day will be like, LOVE it, what's the point and just stop.

This game, TSW is extremely important for me. It gives me chance to travel, always a good thing. Escape from my own life with severe self esteem and depression issues. I'm not saying that because of this game I'm alive but this game has a huge role to play me being alive.
    TSW offers me what many other games can't. Escape, role play and much more. Gives me ying to balance my yang and strenght to fight against the biggest evil ever that is depression. This game gives me hope, light in the dark lonely days and nights. Some kind of confidence and some dreams and hopes that maybe I still have hope and not all is lost.

With it's bugs or not, I'm sure they get fixed. This game is extremely important to me and plays a huge role in my life.
    Again, gives me strength to battle my real life issues and take on the biggest war of them all. War against depression! Also brings smile to my face and has made me quite big rail and train fan. TSW has been with me through out my battle, I'm extremely thankful for it as without TSW my world would be a lot darker place.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. longo239

I'm pleased you are finding that release in TSW and I personally know what a dark place the world can be at times.

Your comment about bugs getting fixed is one of the reasons some people are so disappointed with DTG. Take the Cumberland Charge scenario as an example on Sand Patch Grade. 90 to 120 minutes of driving to get to a red signal about a mile from your destination. If you have spent the whole time driving it, then you may be lucky and get a green light when instructed to contact the dispatcher. If you have saved the game at any point, forget any green light. It's not going to happen. Run the red light you get the signal passed at danger and the game ends. Alternatively you can sit there and wait, send multiple requests to the dispatcher and wait some more. I guarantee you will give up or get bored before the game decides to give you a green light because it simply never happens.

This has been an error in this scenario for ever, it was in TSW2020 and now it's in TSW2. They haven't got the excuse that Sand Patch Grade is a preserved collection route because they said it's had to be remastered. They can't say they didn't know about it, because it was in previous versions. What were the QA team doing? Surely if there's known issues in TSW2020 they should have at least been looking for the same issues in TSW2!

Yes. new issues may arise, but allowing known issues to get through, in my book is not acceptable and they should be called to task about it.

• Like Like x 4
  14. kennyjamesscott

There is same thing in GWE. Permanent red signal in one of the morning 9ish services out from Paddington. I don't remember which thou as it's been a while.
    Also on Peninsula Corridor there are some trains hanging in front of signal as on East Coastway, blocking the track actually.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

“His moans” are perfectly justified

• Like Like x 3
  16. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

DTG has no competition and that leads to a good but could be a lot better product, I recently said the company doesn’t go the extra mile because they don’t have to, I would sooner they polish the routes we have before new DLC but that doesn’t pay the bills

• Like Like x 5
  17. kennyjamesscott

FIFA has lots of competition but the game is still [edit by Protagonist - "less than ideal"]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2020
  18. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Hehe, no rule without exception ;-D

19. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

It can be [edit by Protagonist - "less than ideal"], the mugs and sheep will buy it regardless, besides the much better PES it hasn’t got that much competition

20. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it seems that most of these bugs won’t ever get fixed. It’s sad because TSW 2 has so much potential, but sometimes the game is ruined by the bugs. They want to deliver on the immersion factor, but it can’t be achieved if a speed limit sign is out of sight, or by a Red Signal that never changes. There are many reports of bugs over in the Technical Reports section of the forums, many bugs are posted more than once, which shows that a lot of the community is experiencing them, but DTG just isn’t trying to fix them. I hope that soon they start trying to listen to the community more. I like the game. I don’t like when some of the people in the community tries to back DTG and claim that all we do is whine and complain, even though, these complaints are justified.

• Like Like x 1
  21. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

So someone says they don't like it when members of the community back DTG, well as one of the members who DO back DTG this is your counter point, I don't like it when members of the community make out that DTG are permanently just trying the rip the money out of you, or don't care about the game they spend thousands of hours making, are just lazy, will never ever try to fix bugs and basically just be poo games company. Play any other game and you will find bugs that were never or will never be fixed, sadly bugs are a factor of video games there will never be a completely bug free game, even behemoths GTA, Call of Duty and other major titles will forever have unfixed bugs, because sometimes trying to fix one might create 20 more bugs, the developers will make a decision with what's best for the game and sometimes you ain't going to like the result, simple fact of the matter, i said it before and I'll say it again, if you believe you can do a better job and make something better than DTG prove it, make the best train sim the world has ever seen bug free and perfect, you won't because you can't and never will, so stop slinging mud and poo and trying to smear the game and company, its not painting you in a good light, and frankly says more about you than anything else.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  22. ildario77

Really? What exactly says about us? Maybe that a bunch of loyal customers is pretty tired of poor quality products? We could just quit but it seems we all care a lot about this game, because it actually has really good features. But some bugs are just too BIG. I focused on visual bugs, but I feel the guys complaining about game-breaking bugs, like permanent reds and so on. If I back your opinion, I would be allowed to criticize just the things that I actually can do. Sorry man, it doesn't work this way.

• Like Like x 4
  23. krustynuggets

The other cold hard fact of this saga is the 2 camps are never going to agree so any argument is totally void and pointless, infact its almost comical lol, my opinion has been voiced and now I'm just going to let you people fight it out among yourselves.

• Like Like x 1
  24. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Just a quick note to remind all involved not to get too argumentative if they want the thread to stay open...

• Like Like x 2
  25. longo239

[removed by Protagonist - user banned for one week]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  26. krustynuggets

Good show, Good show sir, i tip my hat, such fine wordplay :D :D :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

You probably know the route better than me. So correct me if Im wrong. I thought they might be going for a low tide appearance.

28. krustynuggets

I thought it was the Weston-super-mare of the Americas, walk out nearly 2 miles to see the sea!!! (Some people will understand) :D :D :D

29. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking at 1st but google maps proved me wrong

30. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

The "make a game yourself" arguments do get really tedious, every time someone points out a negative. If you had a problem with a car, would you expect the dealer to say to you "well, if you don't like it, go and build your own" That response just seems totally illogical to me. If people have parted money for a product or service, then they have the right to an opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  31. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'd like to restate this point again.

Additionally, Longo has landed a one-week ban for re-editing a message cautioning against flaming other users. If a community manager edits your post it is for good reason, re-editing that post yourself to remove the edit is unwise unless it is to remove the reason it was edited in the first place.

Everyone is welcome to be as critical as they please about the game, however this should not descend into flaming those who do not agree with you.

• Like Like x 6