Giving Up Services

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by caspargray, Aug 31, 2020.

1. caspargray

caspargray Active Member

We desperately need a way for the player to give up a service and let the AI take over. I just drove a service from Elephant and Castle to Queens Park. I now want to chill here for a while, and not continue that service. After 5 mins it is still in my control whilst I am waiting for the popup to give away control. Can we either shorten the pop up to come after 1 minute, or have a button somewhere to give up control, maybe make it only display when the player is standing up? It was an issue in TSW classic, and is still an issue now. Thanks all for reading and fingers crossed something may happen soon.

• Like Like x 14
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was beginning to think the same thing. Sometimes the pop-up appears after 30 seconds of not completing a task, other times I have to wait a few minutes.

Please DTG add a keyboard/button prompt so we can give up control of a service anytime we want!

• Like Like x 4
  3. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Totally agree! Giving up service by keyboard would be great.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Yep, I like this idea too... I’ve also noticed it can vary from 2 to 5+ min to get the pop-up to give up the train service- have no idea what’s up with that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MatsH

MatsH Active Member

Yes, it would be nice to have a way to actively give up a service. I know the sim is supposed to ask after 3 min, but that only seem to work about 50% of the time.

I've even had a freight service that I'd left 15 min earlier, but still was in control of, to suddenly start and complete the journey by itself, giving me the points. All this happened while I was riding as a passenger on an S-bahn train. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rush

Rush Member

It really needs to be a button in the pause menu or on keyboard or press and hold on a controller somewhere. I honestly hate the pop up when I’m trying to set up my trains. There’s been a few times where it popped up right as I was interacting with something and it made me give up the service accidentally. I say get rid of the pop up all together and make it a button press either in the pause menu or on keyboard/controller.

• Like Like x 4
  7. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

A trick to get a passenger train to give the "abandon service" pop-up in a short time is to follow the first instruction of the service to "open doors", then immediately get up and leave the train so when it gives the "close doors" you aren't in the cab. It will give the abandon service option after about a minute.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

But that doesn't work on a freight service. What if I want to stop my coal train in Mance and get out and railfan? It would be nice to have a button command to give up a service.

9. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I just bail out of the locomotive and let it trundle down the line of it's own accord, then i just enjoy the sights of the station I'm at until it spads or has a little mishap where it thinks it can go where there are no rails lol.

10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Sometimes the AI will take over, but I still have objectives, and the AI drives for me.

11. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

I think that I get out of the driving seat I should then be able to give up that service without having to wait for the game to ask me.

12. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

I would like this feature. But I’m wondering what would the AI do if I mess up the train configuration or decouple some wagons or set some switches if there are some :)
    If it were able to fix problems it would be a good workaround to fixing mistakes by giving up the service and once we are moving take back the control.

13. klachm4321

klachm4321 New Member

Same thing has happened to me MULTIPLE TIMES! Controller Button/Keyboard Button probably no because especially on controller there is very few buttons and if you accidentally press a button ( don't ask, happens alot ) you could accidentally give it up when you dont want to. I'm all for a Pause Menu button however :)