Cant Play The Game Without Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by trainsimcz, Sep 1, 2020.

1. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

What is this all about ? Why is the game crashing and i cant even start it, load it into the menu if my internet is not working ? With TSW1 i dont have that problem, i can play the game even if my internet is not working but with TSW 2 no luck. I dont see any information on the Store page that this game require 24/7 internet connection to be able to play it ? So is this just a bug which will get fixed or just hidden unannounced feature ?

• Like Like x 2
  2. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Indeed. I cannot play the game on my laptop. It absolutely refuses to start if I am not connected to the internet. I get the Intro movie, and the game just crashes to desktop with a nice "Crash Reporter" window showing up. Game is literally unplayable. I refuse to refund an otherwise great game because of such nonsense, but this is pushing it. I have 55 hours of gameplay time, in that time, the game has crashed on me 8 times. Try doing the same 2 hour scenario 5 times before actually completing it. Before, I thought it was because of some GPU drivers, but regardless of which drivers I was running, it still happened. Now I'm convinced it was crashing because my internet was dropping as my ISP was doing maintenance.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  3. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Same happens to me. This needs to be fixed ASAP, it makes the game unplayable. DTG Protagonist

4. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

There is definitely something wrong here. If I pull the ethernet cable from my PC the game then crashes on startup. If I put Steam into "offline" mode but still have the ethernet cable plugged in then the game starts but apparently is ignoring offline mode since I can read the latest roadmap which I had not read in the game today - the Dovetail Live icon had a ! mark on it and the road map article was marked as new.
    2020-09-01.png

5. hightower

hightower Guest

Yep. Our internet went down not long after the game was released and it refused to start, crashing as soon as you fired it up.

6. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Moving this to the tech reports forum, but this is an issue that has already been reported.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1