PlayStation Anyone Know What The Train In The Tunnel Beyond Elephant And Castle In Bakerloo Line Is Used For

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by computer.wizdj3, Sep 2, 2020.

1. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

Anyone know what the train in the tunnel beyond elephant and castle in bakerloo line is used for Since we can't enter the tunnels

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. septafan

septafan Active Member

Stop the train at a crossover junction open the doors and get off!! Boom your able to walk the tunnel

• Like Like x 3
  3. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I think they meant operation-wise. Not "what's back there. Now given a quick look at an underground map, I see this is the literal end of thr bakerloo line. Now in timetable mode, I've seen a train use this portion. And given my experience as an NYC Subway conductor five years ago, I say this is what we here in NYC call a "relay". It's a way to turn trains around outside of the station to a) allow other trains to enter the station and also terminate, giving the first train's crew to switch ends and b) used on lines where thru trains serve the same track/platform. In this case, it's A since it's the end of the line.
    If I'm right,

• Like Like x 4
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s one of the many nooks and crannies where they hide trains that are not currently being used in a service and in this case to free up the platform in the station for another train to enter. When it is used for a service it will come back out of hiding.

• Like Like x 3
  5. mdh757

mdh757 Member

If you drive the last service of the day into Elephant and Castle you have to park the train up for the night in the tunnel beyond the station.

• Like Like x 5
  6. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Lay-up and relay. Nice

• Like Like x 3
  7. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

But the thing is u can't walk in the tunnels to get in the train and once it reaches elephant and castle it changes ends on the tube train to goes to H and W'stone as a passenger service

• Like Like x 1
  8. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The train in the tunnel beyond Elephant & Castle forms the 7:35am service to Queens Park from Platform 4.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Johnny Incoherent

Johnny Incoherent New Member

I somehow managed to get stuck in the E&C cross over tunnels, on foot.
    I was on board a train in Explore mode that arrived at Elephant & Castle then inexplicably dumped me in the run around sidings.
    The train promptly ran over me, leaving me stranded in pitch black on the wrong side of the invisible wall.

I could only walk a short distance through the tunnel and back to the platforms but was unable to climb up.
    Trains continued to enter and exit the run around loop, with me presumably stuck there forever!
    I felt like I was in the movie Creep!

• Like Like x 2
  10. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

As ixofxii said. It is a relay point. The train would pull into the tail tracks, the operator would change ends, and come back into the station. This only happens sometimes, with trains just coming back out of the station using the crossover at the end.

More info from NYC, sometimes trains are stored here for rush hour service.