Nyct 7 Line For Tsw 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Sep 1, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Information

The 7 Line is a Part of the New York City Subway. It runs between Flushing - Main Street in Queens to 34 St - Hudson Yards in Manhattan.

Trains run in 3 - 8 Minute Intervals

Trains must stop at the '11' or 'S' stop marker at the end of each station.

The 7 Line is about 80% Outside and on Elevated Tracks. There are 22 Stations in total, 7 of which are Underground. The 7 runs Peak Hour Express service which has the 7 running Express to Manhattan between 8 AM - 1 PM and Express to Queens between 2 PM - 8 PM.
    The line has some nice scenery and views.

Here is a map of the line.
    [​IMG]

The 7 Line is based out of Corona Yard in Queens near the 111 St Station.

Here is a pic of the yard.
    [​IMG]

Rolling Stock

The 7 Line exclusively runs R188 Subway Cars. Another rolling stock that can be placed on this line in the game is the R62A which used to run on the line until recently when the R188's were placed in service. They run in 11 Car formations. The conductor (The person who controls the doors) is always in the 7th Car. The R188's have automated announcements that are unique and MUST be included with this line.

Here's a pic of the R188's.
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of the R62A's.
    [​IMG]

Operators DO NOT control doors on the 7 Line, ONLY conductors control doors. With this being said, I think a Conductor mode should be included if you guys make this in the game. Conductors have to point at a Black & White striped board in the middle of the station to show that they are paying attention and the train is fully in the station.

Hopefully people like this suggestion as I think another Subway Route would be a great addition to the game!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  2. ZeenozPlays

Also, headlights should be bright and speed limit signs should reflect light.

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I would love the 7 Line to be in TSW 2.

Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Heres a little tidbit:
    There's less speed limit signs in the system as most would assume.
    No speed limit sign? Well then "wrap it around"!
    I use to swear growing up the the Broad Channel Flats section of the A line had a 45mph speed limit. Turns out in was wrong. There isn't one. 45mph was the average top speed of most r32-r46 cars after the GOH of the late '80s/early '90s.
    But, with not a lot of signs, what NYCT usually does is set up signal timers to slow trains down on certain sections. Now this is a feature I wonder how DTG would pull off. Or remember to try.

5. ZeenozPlays

I doubt they’d add the timers. Although, with the 7 line having CBTC, I doubt there’s many of them in the first place. There’s usually a speed sign before a timer the reads “GT or ST” with the limit right below it. While in tunnels, there are actually a lot of signs (A Division).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ixofxiii

Reminding that the 7 has cbtc brings up a good point that I remember Matt mentioning in a stream. The reason they chose the bakerloo is because of the lack of cbtc. What fun is there not driving a train. So maybe we can assume that both the 7 and the L will not be chosen if they do make an NYC subway route.
    And yes there are a lot of markers in the tunnels. But the majority of speed signs are indeed at timers, certain portions of tunnes (usually near sharp turns or areas where geography speed restrictions are needed and at switches). But, prior to Byford running the system, he stated many speed restrictions were not needed, but mearly the MTAs knee jerk reactions to the few accidents that have happened over the decades, starting with the Williamsburg bridge crash in '95. Which was cause by an exhausted train op who dozed off while working overtime.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  7. ZeenozPlays

But the 7 is manually operated, ATO is only operational during certain conditions. CBTC is just a signaling thing. Most of the time, the ATO is off.

8. ixofxiii

I know for a fact that on the L, it's automated but the operator. Just operate at least one trip manually. Are you a train op?

9. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Great introduction Zeeno... The 7 line would be a great route for Train Sim World 2. If DTG were capable of making the Bakerloo line i'm sure they are capable of making the 7 line should be possible as long as licensing and other legal issues are solved before they get permission to use and built the trains/route.
    But since the M3 and M7 was released and DTG had obtained licensing for them they may be able to do it with the 7 line.
    I can ask my colleagues about their licensing policy.
    About the express and local services their would need to be a filter or something to note services that use the middle track to avoid any wrong-railing collisions.
    But I like this route suggestion, Who knows it may appear on the road map. Or it may be developed by another 3rd-party developer. Only time will tell.

10. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Another line I would like to see would be the 6 and 4 lines. Not only will there be express in the Bronx but in the city with the 4 would go express.
    Rolling stock that could be used are: R142/A and R62/A.
    If DTG or another developer wanted to be really cool and nice they could make a Redbird add-on to add older stock to the route as part of nostalgia. But that is highly unlikely as DTG tend to stick with current rolling stock.

11. ZeenozPlays

I’m not an operator, however I have been in the cab many times on some of the lines (A, 1, 4, 7). The L automated. The 7 is partially automated, however they ceased automated service for now because of issues with the signals and overshot platforms. 7 operators manually operate the train. Before, the train would’ve only been automated during rush hours.

• Like Like x 1
  12. proluigigamer01

proluigigamer01 Active Member

I dunno i think the A would be lovely if they add the NYCT to tsw

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZeenozPlays

The A has too many Rolling Stock options for them to add with the R46, R32, R160, and R179’s.

14. proluigigamer01

We can just do circa 2010s, r46and r32 something like what they did for the lirr with the emus

15. ZeenozPlays

Well if we gonna do that, add the R40S, R40M, and R44’s.

16. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

This is an awesome proposal. By how the Bakerloo line runs so far in TSW2, I can definitely see the NYC subway making it's way into TSW2. If this is created, it would be great to have a pre CBTC service where both R62A and R188 subway cars can be seen running in passenger service, as well as CBTC services where there are only R188's seen exclusively running on the 7 line in passenger service. Also along with R62A and R33/R36 garbage trains running on the line. It would be great to feature this as it is an independent subway line. Other good bonuses to feature could be the 3 variants of the Shuttle and the L line. I also agree, the 4, 5 and 6 lines would also be great additions as well.

17. ZeenozPlays

You gonna have to chill on the 4,5,6, because that’s a big project. I’d like to see the Train of many colors as a scenario if they ever make this in the game.

18. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

If anything, it is feasible to complete the independent lines first before something like Lexington Ave gets completed, If Lex Ave gets completed, then the 7th avenue lines would be in the mix as well as equipment interchanges between the 2 and 5 trains occur at different points in the Bronx and Brooklyn. I'd just be glad to see the subway in the game

19. ZeenozPlays

20. ixofxiii

At the moment it's just R46 and R160 cars. The 32s are in east ny while the 179s are still oos.

21. ZeenozPlays

The 179’s will eventually come back. And the reason I mentioned them is because they will get reassigned to the A/C when they do come back.

22. proluigigamer01

We need more representing the 8th ave line on these forums lel

• Like Like x 1
  23. ZeenozPlays

I’ve made a thread for the A/C already but it didn’t get any attention like this one. I love all the lines in this city, but I’d rather see the A Division lines before the B Division lines.

24. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd love subway route travelling through urban areas. LIRR is nice, but it's still pretty green. Based on the photos in the original message, I do like your suggestion. Looks like a cool route to drive. :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. ZeenozPlays

It is a very nice route. Although, I do you REALLY want to operate a train elevated through the middle of the city then you would really like Chicago’s system.