Improvement Suggestion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PeteW, Sep 2, 2020.

1. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

As a relative newbie to TSW 2020 and TSW 2, I find myself “stuck” at some times.
    This stuck-ness seemed More pretty on TSW 2020 than TSW 2 (but it maybe I’m improving).
    Examples of this would be you accidentally out the emergency brake on. And then sometimes can’t work out how to get going again. A recent example of TSW 2 was in the scenario “Taking Stock” where you need to change ends of a Bakerloo line train. Could I get it to move? Nope. Found intensely frustrating. Problem for a newbie is you don’t know if you’ve messed up, the sim has a bug (it is a new release after all) or something else.
    So my suggestion is some sort of hint option if the user requests it. I guess the code could spot someone has been faffing around with brakes, reversers etc and getting nowhere. But whichever way, some way to get a stuck player going again. I appreciate that full on simmers might not want this. So could be a settings option.

Another suggestion regards passengers. Yes they are a bit erratic. But I don’t mind that. But it would be nice if they actually got off at the end of the line. And weren’t on before the train starts!
    Also you’d expect a lot busy trains that they seem to be. Who’s gonna pay my wages after all
    Would be good if they density of passengers represented real life I.e. busy at peak times. Quiet on first service .

just my 2p

Pete

2. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

Welcome! It's quite common to feel this way at the start, nothing to worry about. It helps going back to the tutorial and doing the startup procedure again while familiarising yourself with a new train.

You will find that scenarios in general hold your hand though the controls. Trust me after 5-10 services you ll be like : "Oh i have some spare time, i ll switch the destination board before i start, i ll be opening and closing the windows in tunnels to hear the engine louder." Or maybe you prefer both cabin lights on instead of the right one only? While stabling a loco, you could turn off active lights and turn on stabling light. Maybe discover that switch that lets you reverse your train. Use the Rate 1 or Rate 2 switch depending on weather conditions. Find out how to change the destination board on ICE train , learn about pzb/sifa/afb etc. The list goes on.

To me those little bits and pieces where the game doesn't tell you what to do make it more realistic. Wondering what you could have done diffently. Maybe you forgot to remove the control key before switching ends on the cab or not moving the break handle to shutdown.

Generally this forum is a good place to have your feedback heard and have your questions answered.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 3