Rivets Games(island Of Wright)limited Otr Options?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Aug 28, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Frist i can hardly wait to buy this 1st offical new 3rd party route(but it's price still worries me,how much is 8½miles worth).But what my point is with such a short most likely only 2 car trains will off the rails options be severaly limited?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Interesting thoughts. Surprised more hasn't been mentioned about the plans from the developer of the add on.

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

In terms of price, it’s worth what you are prepared to pay for it. If you’re not willing to pay full price, you could buy it discounted. I’ve just bought a lot of the DLC for TSW 2020, mainly the locos I didn’t already have as they were all discounted to a price I was more willing to pay.

In terms of off the rails, it’s standard gauge track so any train that can fit on the platform should work ok.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SHINO BAZ

The lenght of the train on the line,is used to determine what other trains will fit there.Not the station platforms.

5. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

The class 483s did run doubled in 4 car formations so there will be some variety in the lengths of trains.
    It's not the length of train used on the line that determines the length of other trains that can be used, it's the length of the platform you originate from in your scenario.

6. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Not quite sure that right, more of you can't shove a mile long freight into a 200 yard siding, not the overall line length, because if your theory was correct why can you run a meaty AC4400 freight on the underground as the line is only 14 miles long??

7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I believe the new trains going to the IoW line, converted District Line stock by Vivarail are 4 car units.

8. Northerner

Are you sure because I thought they ordered five 2 car units that will be doubled up at busy times. But I might be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The original trains only came in 4 car sets, would mean that VivaRail would be left with useless carriages. However you are correct they are running 2 car formations. Interesting what they've done with the 2 middle cars.

10. Northerner

Yeah good point, I wonder whether they bought more driving cars than trailers as I'm guessing they had lots of choice as all of the D stock were going to be scrapped anyway.

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The starting platforms might be long enough for some longer trains, we’ll have to see. However, the “off the rails” capability of a route isn’t a huge issue as the feature is just a bit of fun and not really of much importance. Even if nothing else fits on it it wouldn’t be a problem. If it can accommodate longer trains it will be a bonus for those who want the extra fun of course.

12. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

377's on the Island Line. However they won't fit as the bridges and tunnels are lower.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Northerner

In real life I think the terminus platforms can fit a 6 car unit (about 100m) as I think that was once planned when the 1938 stock was introduced. So a single 377 should fit easily if the route is modelled pretty accurately.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Won't be able to run though. Won't clear the tunnels.

15. Northerner

I'm pretty sure they will be able to as I don't think collisions with scenery prevents you from driving as you can drive full size trains down the Bakerloo Line.
    A full length Bakerloo Line train might fit into the platforms at Ryde Pier Head but that would be very tight but of course wouldn't collide with the tunnel or bridge.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SHINO BAZ

I'm guessing the 1972 tube stock might be just a bit to much train for this route,but it just might have had a shot at clearing the tunnel areas.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Northerner

I'm not sure, it might just fit in the platforms at Ryde Pier Head, depending on how long they've modelled the platforms.

18. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

I dont think that will be a problem as you can run a BR442 Talent 2 through the underground and that doesn't fit right

• Like Like x 1
  19. SHINO BAZ

I see tsw2 wiki has gotten a little bit of new island of wright info.maybe release date might be next.

20. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I mean the 1972 stock might be able to run on the IOW since the 1938 stock did run on the bakerloo line

21. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I wish Rivet games had shown more imagination and designed a route not seen before. IOW is only 8 miles long and is already a route available in TS2020. I think there are better routes in the world that could and should have been chosen first.

22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I, and many others, have not seen it before. I don’t think it shows a lack of imagination making a route that was also in TS but it does show courage to make a short route for TSW2, with the endless calls for longer routes. I hope it turns out to be very popular for Rivet Games, all eight glorious miles of it.

Of all the lines in the world this was one of the ones I was hoping to see in TSW. I never thought it would happen due to its short length but here it is. So you will never please everyone with your route choices but you can please some people sometimes.

23. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Im not mad about this route but is it actually $30?

24. krustynuggets

I'm all about choosing the IOW i love the fact its not the first thing you would think of doing, its a quaint oddity that probably will be oozing charm out of all of it's 8 miles, in fact probably more charm than some other routes 3× the length.

• Like Like x 1
  25. krustynuggets

No price has been stated or announced as far as I'm aware, there would have been a massive noise about it otherwise lol.

26. SHINO BAZ

I don't see why any route should be judged solely by it's length.

27. krustynuggets

The only thing this line should be judged against is itself when we all get our hands on it and play it, could be the greatest thing in TSW history or completely poo, the only way to tell is playing it when it's released.

28. SHINO BAZ

What if dtg made a 100 mile route,theres no guarantee it be any better then a short route.You could get stuck at any red light just as easy as a short route red light.

29. krustynuggets

If DTG made a 100 mile route you would get instant songs of praise from alot of people, then instant songs of hatred from the same people because they are never fully grateful for the game they are playing, this is why I'm glad I'm just a normal alien living on my own planet far far away!!!

30. Northerner

I too am really looking forward to this route. I've always wanted to see this in TSW as the line is quite unique. I had also hoped that the line would get modelled before it was upgraded at the start of next year, so it captures the Island Line as it was with the 1938 stock. Personally, I do not care about route length when a whole line is modelled as they can't model the line any longer and it gives an experience akin to what a real driver does.

31. krustynuggets

I vote for this dude, he talks sense, also very few drivers would complete a massive long route without passing over to another driver, who's to say that Dovetail doesn't do a real drivers range when designing a route?? Random thoughts rolling through my brain lol

32. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

The length is defined by the marker for the siding/platform. The train running on the route has to be below that length.