Saving The Game

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by friskey.marcedes, Aug 24, 2020.

1. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Not sure if this has been raised before but having fun on some of the 2 hour Sand Patch grade scenarios only to have problems slowing the train down which is fun and a challenge. Only frustration is within yards of coming to a stop there is a red signal - game over - 1 hour 59 minutes wasted!
    I am sure I saw on a recent stream on PC there is an option to play from the last save point during the scenario you are playing instead of going back to the beginning. Is that correct? If so could we have something similar on consoles?
    I know we can save the game ourselves but I often seem not to get a medal if I do so, as I havd to in Miles Platting...back to the therapist...

• Like Like x 1
  2. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

As long as you have saved the game before you spad, when you go back to the main menu just press resume a saved game and it will take you straight back to your save point, just remember that you can only have 1 save full stop for the whole game, so whatever route you saved on that option loads it up regardless of what route menu your in.

3. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Although saving your game beaks the game at the same time, I mentioned this is my Sand Patch Grade Game Breaking post. If you save your game in a scenario the signalman quits working and once again over two hours wasted, and heaven forbid you can't save on a scenario where it's almost impossible to stop your train. I literally had my brakes at full service, and full dynamic brake, and I was slowing down 1 mile per minute, does that seem right? But anyways beside the point, if you save because you're worried you slide through a red light, it breaks your game.

4. scotty244

scotty244 Member

I’m having a issue when I play a last saved it’s not displaying my task banner at the top left . Like it’s not saying stop at X station for example

5. Bakter

Bakter New Member

After saving it I don't get that setting back:(
    I go double locomotive, after the rescue as if one of the locomotives disappears, pulls nothing, and with one locomotive you can't go up into the mountains with the coal assets:(
    until there was a rescue, both locomotives pulled nicely:cool:

6. AbstractArtist4081

AbstractArtist4081 Member

On xbox one, there is no load for a save game either.

7. blueghost

blueghost Member

Let the game load in the actual scenario you are playing, when completed hit the back button for main menu and there is Load a previously saved game option.

8. AbstractArtist4081

AbstractArtist4081 Member

No option on the main menu to load a save game.

9. Bakter

Bakter New Member

nothing has changed, after saving the rear unit of the double locomotive is only present in the game as dead weight:(
    despite all the good settings, it simply doesn’t give off traction
    it will be a zombie locomotive

10. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya there is, you just hit last played, and it's your saved game

11. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...if previously working DPU units no longer function after restoring a saved game, try turning the Banking radio Off then back On in the the lead unit at the front of the train. I’ve had this issue before with banking no longer working after restoring a saved game in Oakville Sub in TSW 2020. Not sure if this is your issue, but passing this info along just in case.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

When do you do banking in the CN route?

13. Stockton Rails

I used the Hamilton Explorer free-roam scenario in Oakville to build a couple of unit trains there (as a proof of concept), using available rolling stock and locos in the scenario. One was a 4x1 (4 locos, single group) grain train, the other was a 2x2 DPU oil train. And whenever I restore this saved game, after saving it with everything working perfectly on both trains, I have to do the following every time:

- lead unit at front of the 4x1 MU train: cycle the ditch lights switch from Front to Off, then back to Front (to turn the ditch lights back on); and cycle the Cut-out valve from Freight to Cut-out, then back to Freight (to restore proper brake cylinder pressure so the auto-brakes will release)

- lead unit at front of the 2x2 DPU train: cycle the Banking COMM radio from On to Off, then back to On (to restore proper DPU operation with lead unit in rear consist)

I’m listing this level of detail here in case anyone else runs into any issues like this when restoring saved games, in TSW 2020 or in TSW 2.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya that's sweet, I thought you probably did it in that free yard scenario. I wish they would add more banking stuff like locomotives in the middle and back of the train and so on. Also that sucks that the game can't keep track of where things are set when loading

15. Bakter

Bakter New Member

The Cumberland charge scenario cannot be met, 1 km red before the end and never turns green:mad::mad::mad:

16. Stockton Rails

I really enjoyed having the freedom to build whatever I wanted to in Hamilton Explorer with available stock- I wish they had free roam scenarios in *every* route they built. I also wish they gave me more space in the scenario to run my trains in, instead of limiting me to the area east of Hamilton yard. Pretty limited area for any long trains (like my two unit trains)... don’t know what DTG was thinking on that one.

17. Stockton Rails

...thought you might like these- pics of my two unit trains in Hamilton Explorer.

25C18BA1-DE87-4F3D-854A-B56BD7E496D1.jpeg

904887A8-10FD-455F-91E3-7A2944123E09.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

oh heck ya, looks sick. Where's the middle banking engine or end even??

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stockton Rails

...some add’l pics of the unit trains, the DPU units are halfway back in the oil train. Glad you liked the pics!

Oil train: 2 MU’d locos + buffer car + 8 filled tankers + buffer car + 2 MU’d locos (DPUs) + buffer car + 8 filled tankers + buffer car
    Grain train: 4 MU’d locos + 20 3-bay covered hoppers

AA5908C2-6C19-402B-87AA-48A685D706F7.jpeg

0FB28192-B79E-4B9A-AC49-0BD4D0708174.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  20. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Super Deadly, why they don't have scenarios and services like this I'll never know

21. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I believe the saved game problem is a known issue, however I will look into it and see exactly what's going on.

I can completely understand your frustrations with this, and thank you for giving us feedback.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Stockton Rails

...thanks for looking into this for us- appreciate the help! This should be an easy issue for the devs to recreate on their side... it seems to affect at least the Oakville Sub route in TSW 2020 and Sand Patch in TSW 2. And if the issue is in the core game itself, maybe saved games for all of the routes in these sims might be affected. Anyway, keep us posted and welcome aboard.

• Like Like x 2
  23. sVig

sVig Member

Save game is broken. You can resume a saved game but then objectives such as your next stop and time etc refuses to display in the top left or become active in the game. Which basically means you cannot progress any further and have to restart the route completely. When is this actually going to be fixed?

• Like Like x 1