PlayStation Stuck On Red Light - Sand Patch Grade Scenario Cumberland Charge

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by OnlyMe1909, Aug 21, 2020.

1. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Almost at the end of this long scenario, which I did in 3 stints (too long to tackle in 1 go). Made the descent, stopped at Junction Viaduct, got permission from the tower to enther Cumberland Yard, but the light doesn't turn to green. No use contacting signaller, he doesn't give an answer. Tried saving and reloading, no deal. No moving trains in the area whatsoever.

8330 AP and 2hrs20min of gameplay wasted...

• Like Like x 2
  2. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

So, today I gave this another go. This time I did it in one sitting, without saving and coming back to it. No problems this time around. So clearly, the saving and continuing is where you guys have to look to fix this. We have to be able to save these long scenarios midgame and be able to come back to it and finish them correctly. You can't force people to spend 2,5 hrs in one go to be able to finish the scenario

• Like Like x 3
  3. Rush

Rush Member

I’m stuck at the exact same signal. After connecting to the coal train I had saved the game and quit since I had some other stuff to do, went back on a little later and made my way up and over the summit only to get stuck at the viaduct signal. No other trains on the line and already got clearance from the dispatcher to proceed, but it’s still red. Guess I’ll be starting over and going through in one sitting...

4. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

This has been an issue since TSW2020, whereby saving and returning to a game later on, sticks essential signals on red, rendering the scenario impossible to complete.

I'm in the same situation at the end of Sand Patch Grade - Fully Fuelled on Xbox One X, a 120 minute scenario.

A quick glance at the map shows AI trains also stuck at reds.

Clearly they didn't bother addressing an old bug in the new game, and just ported it over.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Greenroad

Greenroad Active Member

I’m have the same issues with this one however in my case I intended on completing the scenario on one go but game crashes have prevented me from doing so.

First round I completed most of it but never thought to save. As I was coming down grade sometime after Sand Patch the manifest spawning on the opposite track caused my game to crash.

Round 2 I gave it a go the following day, saving periodically as I went. Made it all the way to Cumberland yard without any crashes but as I neared the objective marker at the end of the yard the game randomly crashed once again. Knowing I had a recent save not very far from Cumberland I decided to replay. Stopping outside of the yard the signal at the entrance to Cumberland never turned as mentioned above. I reloaded a couple different times and never got the signal to turn for any reason. Very frustrating.

On a side note after reloading, the GP38s seemed to react to throttle movement in an odd way. Second locomotive wouldn’t even act as if it was being notched up at all. Even on a downgrade I’d have the engine/engines in notch 8 and I wouldn’t get much power out of them. Amps would jumps all the way up but couldn’t seem to get any extra movement.

6. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

The evolution of Train simulation, that'it !

7. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

I have the same problem. Wasn't aware of the save issue and am now stuck in front of the red light trying to enter Cumberland Yard.
    I haven't found the motiviation to try it in one sitting, yet.

8. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

While waiting for a fix! :| On a PS4 what you could do is this.

On the PS4 top menu go to Settings / Power saving settings / Set features available in rest mode - there is an option to Keep Application Suspended. Make sure that is enabled.

While playing if you pause the game (but don't save it!) then give the PS button a long press and from the power options select to put your PS4 into rest mode, it will go "to sleep" but save save everything in memory. When you come back press power, or the controller, and it'll continue from the same point you left it. Obviously if you unplug the PS4 you'll loose everything.

Hope this might be of some help for getting through those long sessions.

• Like Like x 1
  9. capt_ks

capt_ks New Member

I've tried it on my PS4 four times in a row, back-to-back going from the beginning (Sand Patch) to Yoder without saving but no green light after contacting the dispatcher to continue...one time I waited 30 minutes before continuing...each time that I do continue (because the message says Couple to Formation), I getting kicked out due to Scenario failure. I also tried saving it twice but the same results!
    Can somebody please fix this thing??!! Quit adding new trains, locations and scenarios and fix what people have already paid for!