A Few Minor Csx Details/other Things

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Griffin Dalton, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Griffin Dalton

Griffin Dalton New Member

Hope I'm not stretching too far here, but I thought I'd mention at least.
    I absolutely hate to be a nitpicker, but some of the numberings on the units for CSX: HH thusfar are a little un prototypical. The GP38-2 and SD40-2 models both resemble that of the ex SCL/SBD units, featuring a nose mounted headlight and ditchlights mounted above the pilot. Often times, these units will "spawn" in game with an unrealistic number.
    For instance, the GP38-2s sometimes get the upper 2700-2800 numbers which are ex Conrail units, and feature a high headlight, ditchlights beneath the anticlimber, etc. Same with the SD40-2s spawning in the 8300 (ex C&O) and 8800 series (ex Conrail).
    Perhaps, and this is simply a perhaps, there may be some future updates that would include separate model pertaining to the correct road numbers?
    I hope TSW takes this into consideration and gives us US players some prototypical love.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I agree. I noticed that the AC4400CW road numbers exclude all AC4400CWs with Hi-Ad bogies as the TSW ones only have steerable bogies...but then the GP38-2 and SD40-2s include road numbers of ones with high headlights despite the TSW model having low headlights. It is strange that they would pay attention to the types of bogies when deciding on what road numbers to generate, but then ignore headlights, which are much more of an obvious feature, when choosing road numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Griffin Dalton

Indeed. I appreciate the support on thisun. So I have had some low 100-class AC4400CWs appear on my end at least, which have the Hi-Ad trucks in reality, but I don't really find it all too bothersome if you're working from the cab. The ditchlight operation certainly is though, it's just kinda tedious and would certainly make the experience that much more realistic if they made a seperate ex-CR model for the GPs/SDs, maybe even an ex-C&O version (my personal favorites) to ride on home rails. Diversity through the personality and individuality of the locomotives makes a massive difference in the operative entertainment, IMO.
    I can't imagine applying an update like this would be too difficult for the DTG gang, assuming they still have the 3D meshes and such. The current models are spot on and gorgeous. Attaching a headlight above the cab windows, lowering the ditchlights beneath an added anticlimber on the ex-Con units doesn't seem impossible. Most of the ex-C&O units retain the same ditchlight config as the in-game model , but just have a high headlight. Obviously I understand the time constraints they likely have, but hey, it would be a nice treat I for one would spend a few bucks on if they decided to release as a payware addon.
    Just a thought. I am excited to see what comes in the near future for this sim, I'm impressed so far.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

DLC idea: YN3 paint jobs on everything, plus HiAd AC4400CWs and High Headlight EMDs. Would be a good way to appease those who want more paint, and those who want more realistic details. There is so much they could do with a pack that has a premise as simple as that, like adding in more scenarios and/or services with it. I would like to see that, and DTG could probably get some money out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I feel if this were to be done, it would be done by a 3rd party whenever the tools are released. I feel like most of the suggestions in here are actually going to be addressed by 3rd parties actually.

At any rate, I do like this idea and always support more realism in the game.

6. Griffin Dalton

Appreciate the support gentlemen.
    Frankly, I'm surprised that they skipped entirely over the YN3 paint on the given locomotives. Certainly makes up a massive portion of the AC44, GP/SD fleet. I'm extremely happy with the detail of the Boxcar Logo units though.
    At any rate, DTG did roll out the GP40-2 in a rather timely fashion, which features that whole separate cab design (high headlight, anticlimber, etc) prototypically suited for CSX's ex-Chessie/B&O Geep fleet. Of course it is older YN2 and has that hood mounted horn but who doesn't like a little old style running. Heck, a couple GP40-2s still work away in YN2 to this day. Certainly wouldn't mind them tending to a revised YN3B/3 version for that model as well though, but that's for another forum. ;)
    I figured that since they seemed to start observing detail even closer on a new locomotive model they could perhaps revisit the default ones at some point. Just had to be mentioned by someone ;)