Bakerloo Time Keeping

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kt291076, Sep 3, 2020.

1. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Just wondering if this just me or if others are finding this. The underground section I can stay right on time or even 10 seconds early following the speed limits unless I make a mistake.

The over ground section I lose time at every stop. By the time I get to Harrow I'm a minute behind on a good run. This is with accelerating as quick as I can and braking as late as I can to stop on the marker.

Am I missing something or is this a general occurrence for everyone?

I know the run to Harrow is uphill slightly but I find the same thing on the return.

Plus do I have to manually change the destination board at a turn around and if so how? Not checked yet if its done automatically yet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I can just about keep to time on the above ground section but it does take some very aggressive driving, while on the underground section I can run early and have to wait for red signals to change.
    You can change the destination blind by turning the little handle above the middle door.

• Like Like x 1
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Also by connecting a USB keyboard, you can press Ctrl + in the driver's seat to quick switch ends to save time. There is little room for error on routes with many stops close to each other I find. That's just the way the simulation times are calculated.

Northerner, I believe the red signals only change when you close the doors. This is a game thing to keep trains spaced out equally I think. I've never been really early to see a red stay on, if that happens. Some other routes employ this method.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Found the destination change accidentally when sat in Harrow central siding waiting for the off signal.

Don't think I can be anymore aggressive on the over ground with out over running the stop marker on stations. How aggressive do you mean?

5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I struggled at first to keep ontime in the overground sections, but now im ok with the times, i tend to keep my speeds as high as i can, those 3mph on speed limits come in handy, also when at a station, lock your doors just as it hit 3/4 full ( or quarter past a clock) that way your doors are ready for departure.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  6. Northerner

Yeah they usually go green when the doors close but some don't go green until you are due to leave. This can be a bit annoying as it means you can't really get more than a minute ahead of schedule before having to wait at a station, this also means you can't catch up with a train for long.

7. Northerner

As Jason says close your doors when the loading bar is 3/4 of the way round, that means they'll shut just as you've finished loading passengers.
    Apply full power when the doors are closing so you depart as soon as the doors shut. Go into stations at line speed and put on max brakes between a quarter and a third of the way down the platform and only start releasing when your about a cars length from the stop marker, this means you should be able to stop pretty accurately. If the line speed is less than 45mph apply the brakes further down the platform.
    This should mean you can keep to time and even run early.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Yeah forgot they don't mess about shutting doors on it. Remember that from the time I went to London. I'll use that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

I was braking from when I entered the station at full speed down to about 20mph then coasting until around 2 car lengths to brake. I'll try the other way.