2 Issues In Sand Patch Grade

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CrazyDash, Aug 22, 2020.

1. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Today I’m gonna talk about 2 issues I found within sand patch grade. Let’s get into it.

LACKING TUTORIALS
    The tutorials in Sand Patch grade don’t thoroughly go through everything on how to fully configure the trains. For example: in the Gp38 and SD40 tutorials, they automatically set the train. This gave me issues. First of all, I was completely unaware I had to switch the “6 Trail 26” to “Lead or Dead.” Not setting it to “Lead or Dead” causes the train to stop without applying the brakes, and requires more power for the train to move. Second, they don’t cover things such as the generator field, and the brake cutout valve. Now I was already familiar with these things from Peninsula Corridor. So I knew how to configure the train (excluding the lead or dead switch.) But for new players, they would most likely not be able to get the trains to move since the tutorial did it for them. I think the the tutorials need to be revamped to make sure you do everything you need to do when doing a timetable or scenario. A good example of this are the tutorials on the Peninsula Corridor. They are very thorough and make sure you know the very basic fundamentals to configuring the train to be able to move. Hopefully this is an easy fix.

NEW CONTROLLER LAYOUT
    The new controller layout is not good in my opinion. Although it may be more simple and easier to use, you are much more limited to what you can do without pop up menus. The main issue is the cameras. On the AC4400 tutorial, I was unable to get the view of the engineer main screen. I had to change to the classic controller layout to get it to work. However, in the Coal Loading tutorial, you are required to use the new layout. I was unable to progress because I couldn’t bring up the screen view. I personally think the new controller scheme should be removed. The newer scheme may be more friendly for newer players, but you are only limited to one camera view and can’t view anything else along with losing more options to use such as the bell and windshield wipers. My only solution to fix this is to add the pop up screen on the right joystick of the new layout. If not, then it should just be removed. It didn’t take me too much time to learn the old layout and there could be a tutorial on how to use the cameras. I am unable to progress on the coal loading tutorial because of this issue. I hope this gets fixed

CONCLUSION
    These are the two main issues I have found in Sand Latch Grade. Luckily gameplay-wise, I have had no sort of issues. I think this route is a great addition to train sim world bringing a very new experience. These two problems are major issues for newer players and console players and hopefully these problems can be fixed. Ride on railfans!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. csxengineer

csxengineer New Member

I agree

3. fiddlediddle

fiddlediddle New Member

As a new player, this really messed with me. I just redeemed the game from the Epic Games Store and played it for the first time the other day. I got to the Y101 mission and had never learned about configuring the train for Lead or Dead or the cutoff valve. For the entire mission, the train was squealing at me as if I was pushing through active brakes, though I checked every car and every brake and disengaged them all. Is there a quest line that focuses on different control configs a little more, something to help new players a little more?