Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wivenswold, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I am enjoying the Bakerloo Line on TSW2, it's really quite addictive that little line. I won't mention the sounds, as I suspect enough people have asked for improvements.

I'm here with my Meteorological cap on. I have to say the skyscapes in TSW2 are just as bad as they were in TSW. There are many layers in the sky, there are so many dynamic features within the troposphere that could add to the depth and atmosphere of the game. Look how popular Armstrong Powerhouse's Weather Pack is, most non-DTG routes have fixes to include it.

In TSW2 we have a sunset seemingly coming from the East. Unless you go for fog or misty conditions, the only other types of cloud I've seen are Alto-Stratus (thin high clouds, usually seen in Winter in the UK when the air pressure is high), and Stratus (blanket grey rain-bearing cloud) and that's it. There's no dynamism, pick your weather and it stays like that. TSW2 must surely be able to do better. Where are the low-level fluffy cumulus clouds that are common all year round? Why can't they grow into thunderstorms with lightning? Why can't we have early morning snow changing to rain before fizzling out. What about the sudden high winds that surround convective activity (showers brewing) Why are trains covered in sunlight in the light saturated-night time. London Road depot, being close to the city may have significant white light pollution but once you get past Willesden it should be darker up there albeit orange-tinged.

It all looks so boring up there. I'd rather hoped realistic, real-time and dynamic weather would be included. If it's possible to have some of that dynamism in TS, then surely TSW can bring us proper British weather, something to keep us guessing as we approach the open section of the Bakerloo Line or battle through a French-born supercell storm as it arrives on the South Coast on sultry summer's night?

Mike.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I agree. Driving from Manchester Victoria to Leeds without the weather changing at least twice is somewhat unrealistic. :)

• Like Like x 5
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Technical rain can change to snow. If you play in autumn rain, and it gets later, and cooler, it will change to snow. Works best on mountainous type routes, due to the elevation change.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

Anything that enhances verisimilitude makes TSW2 :cool:

5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The whole weather system needs overhauling and upgrading. It’s all well having pretty looking clouds but what’s the point if weather isn’t dynamic and/or you get the same, ugly looking rain effects?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Yeah i noticed that on SPG, it's a pretty cool effect.

• Like Like x 2