PlayStation Disappointed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You'd need the following items:
    • SSD 2.5inch - 1Tb is about £80-100 at the moment depending on brand.
    • USB 3.0/3.1 Caddy
    • Spare USB slot on your PS4.
    If you want I can message you some links to items on Amazon that would work fine.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

The enquiry was more out of curiosity really. But thank you for your offer

3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

The PS4 supports one external drive at a time, preferably a fast SSD. It has to be connect via USB 3.0 and can then be formatted as extended memory. You are then able to select where new games will be installed and also may transfer existing games to the extended memory.
    I don't know exactly what the options are called in English (my system language is German), but you can find them in the settings.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

You would find you probably wouldn't have to repeat yourself if you made sure you communicated your issue as clear as possible first time, especially when starting a new thread about it. If you start a thread with aimless criticism that to some eyes reads as hyperbolic, then of course the replies you get will not all be constructive, agreeable or helpful and you will need to take more time to clarify what you mean.

It was eventually clear after numerous posts what you mean, and I think all but the most fanned up users can accept and agree with what you are seeing, but your original descriptions were not helpful in that regard and served no purpose other than I guess as a release valve for your disappointment, but with using public forums that way comes the inevitability that people will simply disagree with you and respond in much the same tone you began with.

I personally do not think the FPS drops and stutters are up there as the most important bugs or issues that this game has, they are immersion-ruining for some yes, and ugly no doubt, it would of course be much better if they were not there and efforts should be made where possible to iron them out, but in comparison with having save files that corrupt the game and make opening it impossible without deleting said files, scenarios that are incredibly difficult or impossible to complete because of bugs, and no readily available comprehensive user manual for users to ascertain for certain whether they are doing something wrong or they are experiencing a bug within the title, the momentary stutters or drops in FPS are relatively easy to get over for me.

5. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Smooth gameplay equals higher frame rates, higher frame rates equal less scenery detail and draw distance, I just want smooth game play and will quite happily lose some scenery detail and draw distance so the immersion of driving (the most important thing) is not spoiled because it is now unfortunately

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Smooth gameplay means a locked frame rate, not higher frame rate in all instances. If they could lock the frame rates at 30fps, you would get a smooth experience, it's the FPS fluctuations that cause you, your particular issues.

But you start to remove the scenery detail and you end up playing something that looks like it's stepped straight off a Playstation 2 or Xbox.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Here is a clip of TSW2020 in the HST:

And here is a clip of the ICE in TSW2 at a similar speed.

I know which one I think is smoother. What do you guys think? I don't buy the idea that TSW can only run smooth with an SSD. DTG have obviously done something in TSW2 which has impacted the frame rate otherwise why is the HST running in the 30's (fps) with occasional dips into the 20's whereas the ICE is running in the 20's with dips into the 10's?

• Like Like x 3