Future Routes For Tsw?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nwp1, Aug 18, 2020.

1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

If I am reading the road map correctly, these are the future routes for TSW2, which are in the making or planned for the future. I am not inspired by this list as they are all available for TS2020 and most are duplicated. There are two routes I was going to buy for TS2020 this month but will now wait for their arrival in TSW2
    • Munich – Augsburg.
    • Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras via Ebbsfleet to Faversham.
    • Arosa Line (Developed by Rivet Games)
    • Cane Creek. (Developed by Skyhook Games)
    • Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante.
    • Hamburg – Lubeck.
    • LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon.
    • Bakerloo Line expanded service.

• I hope the South Eastern HS includes Margate. Rivet games are also developing Isle of Wight another TS2020 route

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well, I'm hyped very much hyped about the Arosa Line. TSW can do so much more than the old TS could do, so I don't mind buying it again. Considering Rivet Games excellent quality for TS products, this route is bound to look awesome. Might take a long while before it's released, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also looking forward to the Isle of Wight route, which is missing from your list.

Not too hyped about the rest. Never really liked München-Augsburg and London-Faversham in TS. Unsure about Hamburg-Lübeck and Marseille-Avignon. Unfamiliar with Cane Creek and Clinchfield Railroad.

But I think it's awesome DTG are showing us this roadmap.

Already hyped about something that probably takes a year or more before it can be released. Oh boy. It's gonna be a long year :P

3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Loving the mention of the southeastern route.

4. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Purno IOW is mentioned at the bottom of my list!

5. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

The IOW route is interesting. I wouldn’t be too hyped if it was purely the mainline. But if the Preserved Railway was included using smaller diesels, then maybe I would be a bit more interested.
    Hyped for some more German Action. TGV will be great, not sure about the American routes.
    The Arosa line should be very very nice.
    The HS1 should be good. Looking forward to being able to Change the livery of the 375 and make it into a Gatwick Express 387 to add to ECW. Slight differences, but I’m not fussy.
    I am however questioning why in the Hamburg - Lübeck we would need another Class 182.

I am very interested to find out what the updates to the Livery Designer will be like.

6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I think Rivet would have had a lot more interest and earn themselves more money had they offered a different route and not something that’s already in the Train Simulator collection. It will have to be very reasonably priced for me to buy it.

I feel the same about their other forthcoming route Arosa Line in Switzerland. Another duplicated route from the TS2020 collection. I realise TSW has a few wider options but not enough to attract me to buy the same route within a different game.

The Swiss route The Glacier Express would be fantastic.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that Rivet is new to building routes in TSW.

8. csxengineer

csxengineer New Member

I would like to see Horseshoe Curve and a lot more of North American routes and trains. I know DTG is not based in North America and they mostly due European stuff. I know the licensing and stuff like that is hard to get so I give some freeway on that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Looking forward to these routes in TSW2 have them in TS2020 and it would be an opportunity to showcase TSW2 routes to prove doubters wrong. Having never played TSW2020 I purchased TSW2 and so far it's good although haven't tried Bakerloo Line and Sand Patch enjoying the German content so far. Roadmap is going in the right direction so far it's a positive outlook on the future hopefully we'll get more high speed routes. Also TGV run on München - Augsburg Route. Looking forward to all routes apart from American ones and Isle of Wight not in my taste other routes listed will be purchased as soon as released.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  10. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Rivet's routes I'm very interested in not owning either of them before. both seem like good fits for TSW, the Arosa Line in particular is certainly one I'm getting when it comes out.

The LGV route is something I have zero interest in as I already own that route and the extension in TS Classic. Also length's already a general issue for high speed routes in TSW, and for that route in particular I know was a massive annoyance in TS Classic pre-extension, and I'm going to guess probably will be received similarly in its TSW form.

Southeastern High Speed I think's still a bit short for a high speed line, however it's a step in the right direction. And while I'm not a huge fan of modern British rail I do like the stock choices. All in all I do think it's a solid pick, although I'm not sure if I'd personally grab it.

Clinchfield I'm pretty mixed on, it's shorter and has less equipment than the TS Classic version which I'm not really thrilled with. However none of the equipment's great, being pretty much stock Kuju stuff. The SD40-2 while not a standard SD40 like in the TS Classic version is certainly way better than the TS Classic version, and finally having a redone F7's great to see. Given that it's a slow freight route I wouldn't mind the shorter length for the greater detail in stock and scenery. So I tend to side on getting the TSW version, but gonna remain up in the air until it's out.

Cane Creek I hadn't heard of before like pretty much everyone it seems, but the area does sound quite interesting. However it not having any new motive power is a huge bummer. If Skyhook had something new like say a SD70ACe my interest, and everyone else for that matter, would be way higher.

11. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

Interesting. What about the route to/from London Victoria with pair of branches: herne hill & catford?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

For those wondering about Cane Creek, its a branch line that runs to a Potash mine just outside of Moab, Utah. As far as trains go, there only 1 regular scheduled train that runs out on it. Beautiful scenery, but seems to be lacking in the train department.
    41772457732_fcddbfd048_b.jpg
    5560.1237093547.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    The only other train that has recently ran on it are the Radioactive Tailing trains that originate from Moab and loaded into containers that are shipped on what looks to be spine cars.
    utah.jpg
    Moab Train_638 pixels.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Well, I, for one, gave up on TS because it's ugly and I can't walk around. Sure, not everybody shares my notion, but I'm quite sure I'm not alone in this either.
    And many of us like the highlight routes from TS in TSW(2), so that's fine with me.
    I almost certain I'm gonna buy all of those, maybe more. Especially happy for the first one, since I'm from Augsburg.
    So, I think, this direction is fine and promising, except that they need to understand that extensions and map merges are better than stand-alone neighboring routes.

Thanks for the nice pics. I'm not sure about this one. To me, it seems too much like Sandpatch except with red rocks instead of trees, but from a gameplay perspective.
    But I'm surely gonna watch some streams to check it out and give it a chance.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

The only reason I use TS is for the Steam and the Route Creator. That’s it.
    I personally think that there is no need to update/upgrade TS much anymore. I think the demand for players is now tilting slightly towards TSW2.
    But then again, I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

That.
    And don't forget all the players on console only that have never seen the "old" routes. And yes, sadly, they seem to be many more than us (pc).

• Like Like x 2
  16. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

I've only had TS for 3 years and own most British/German routes and also some other European routes. Since TSW2 I split between both but I can't wait for München - Augsburg and Southeastern HS to compare as I have both routes in TS I really like the timetable mode for TSW2 just lacks on services but it will come in time. Couldn't play TSW2 on console but I agree there seems to be many more on console than PC as long as we get slightly longer routes than TSW2020 and Highspeed seems the way forward with those future routes in the RoadMap. I like the Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr just too short if they ever extended to Dortmund Hauptbahnhof would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Blacknred81 for the CaneCreek pictures. Looks a stunning route.

I hope there will be some more different routes not seen before coming to TSW2

• Like Like x 1