Scenario Planner

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by montes_1234, Sep 5, 2020.

1. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

When creating the scenario, time interval between departures can't be less than 5 minutes, why is that? Also why we can't set the AI trains to depart before player driven train?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rush

Rush Member

They should just spawn you in on foot at whatever time the earliest service is scheduled to start whether it’s an AI service or your own that you’ll be driving. This would allow AI services to start before yours.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

You can setup the AI to depart before the player. All you have to do is setup the AI service(s) before you setup the player service.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Rush

Rush Member

They don’t actually depart though, they stay at the station they were supposed to depart from. The only ones that actually move are the ones scheduled after the player service

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

So far i've succesfully managed to setup scenarios with an AI departing before me on Sand Patch Grade and on Koln route. Can you give us an example of where you were unable to do it? I'd be happy to give it a try.

6. montes_1234

AI train won't start before the Player train no matter what and how you setup the scenario. So the question stays, why is that the case?

7. Rush

Rush Member

No offense, but I find that hard to believe. In one of DTG’s own live-streams when they were doing a scenario planner stream they scheduled AI before player service and the services scheduled before just sat at the stations.
    I also just literally created a timetable on SPG to test and make sure. I setup 5 services (4 AI and 5th as player), I scheduled them all 10 minutes apart as follows:
    14:00 - AI
    14:10 - AI
    14:20 - AI
    14:30 - Player
    14:40 - AI
    I made sure that they’d all have a clear path from point A to point B. When I loaded into the service, after a few minutes I checked the map and literally no trains were moving. I waited until 14:42 and checked again, the only train moving is the AI train scheduled at 14:40, ten minutes after the player service started. I got out of my loco and went to another AI service that should’ve departed before mine and when I tried to take control it just said “No Service Available” and didn’t even list it as the name I had given it in the planner. Since the time was already later than when it was scheduled for when the scenario loaded, it didn’t recognize it as a valid service at that point.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

I've had the same result when I tried to do Scenario Planner on Koln-Achen. If you schedule the AI train before the player, the trains will spawn, but they will just be sitting at the stations without actually moving. You can even see in the video below when Sam created a service on ECW, he put a Baby Bullet that was supposed to set off before him, and it's still sitting at the platform.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

I have created a video to showcase that it works. Its uploading to youtube atm, will take a while since my connection is kinda slow.

Edit: I think the difference is that i setup all services to depart at the exact same time. Maybe thats why it works for me?

10. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

That's exactly why it works for you. If you set the services to depart at the same time as you, they will work.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

Well then that saves time! I can skip the video uploading :P

I thought the issue was that if the services were departing from the same station at the same time you were always departing first. My bad.

12. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

Sorry for double posting. After giving it some thought, with the current 5 minute minimum gap we can select, i dont see the point of having a service start 5 minutes before you, let alone 10 or more. Allow me to explain.

After some testing at Koln - Aachen route, starting at Koln, at the 5 minute mark an express service was past the 2nd possible station. So why not have the service setup at the same time as you, but have it start at 2 stations ahead of you? It's such a huge gap that you will possibly never meet it unless you select a slow freight train as a lead and you are riding on an ICE. Even in that case though, you can set the slow freight train 4+ stations ahead to simulate slow traffic at a certain point in your drive.

If you want to simulate traffic on the other direction you pretty much do the same thing. There's plenty of options to have services start from the closest station to you all the way to the end of the route, heading towards you. If you want a station full of trains with only one spot left for you to end the route you can do that aswell.

Dont get me wrong it, it would be nice to load in and 3 seconds later have an ICE blow past you in the other direction doing 250, or spawn in already doing 250. To make the nessesary calculations to setup that though it would be a headache. To pre-simulate , lets say, 5 minutes of what would happen when for example 20+ different trains move and load you into that "saved state" would be a pretty difficult task i assume.

So in conclusion, you can sort-of-ish accomplish what you want while having the services start at the exact same time or later than you, by doing a bit of guesswork of "where would that train be in 5-10 mins". Its not perfect, but you can get very close. If we had time gaps of 1 minute or less i can see your point.

13. montes_1234

That is another issue, when the Signaller comes into the equation. So if you set for example two trains to depart at the same time proceed aspect will always have Player controlled train. No matter which train finish boarding first Player controlled train will always have proceed aspect. The AI train or trains will always wait for the Player controlled to proceed, even if they were first finished loading and were first able to proceed.

14. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I guess this is an unofficial way of making 'dead' trains in sidings then.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

Thats true only if you setup your service as the first one. Otherwise if you setup the AI first , the AI will be first to go.

16. montes_1234

This are not sidings, these are stations.

17. montes_1234

No as I wrote, if setup all trains departing at the same time. Train which will have clear path will always be player controlled train.

18. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

Good thing i uploaded the video i was talking about earlier. Its still proccessing, so expect low quality to start. If you set it up correctly it works as i mentioned before. In this example im the 4th train leaving the station.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

I've set up a scenario with two trains in Brighton departing at 12:00.
    Presunably because the AI train is first in the list it leaves promptly on time ahead of my player train and remains in front until the trains diverge at Lewes.
    The player train gets a red light from the start of the scenario until the AI train has cleared the first section.

• Like Like x 2
  20. montes_1234

Yes, thank you. I tried setting two trains starting at the same time, one was ICE the AI controlled and the other one Talent 2 Player controlled. So the signaller actually recognised the fast passenger service (ICE) and let it passing first. But I got a little bit confused watching your video, because the freighter got priority over the passenger service. I'm not sure if that should be the case, or game just did not recognised it as freight?
    PS. Did you set the freight train as a non-passenger one, so not checking passenger service tick box?

21. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

You cant setup AI train 5 mins earlier than your train as it will still stay on that platform... if you got question why than here is the answer:
    reason is that planner timetables (there is no even timetable but just paths) dont have timing master data so the game dont know where the train suppose to be. There should be easy solution for that which DTG can add (they dont have to generate timing data, they can turn on very fast speed simulation from the first start formation (the earliest one) while is the game still showing loading screen and then when is the right time for your formation it will just switch to the normal mode and show your service. That will simulate how is the train moving...

Classic service mode have master timing data so the game know where the train suppose to be in that exact time. The game just read the file so fast, run all services until the one which you choose.

So maybe in future update they will add some simulation there so you can even choose how long the train suppose to stay on the platform.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

The freight got priority over the passenger only because it was setup before my train. The order of setup matters. Did not check the passenger tick box for the freight train and for the first train that left the station. I think the only thing that tick box does is if you select it while setting up a passenger train it will open and close the doors at stations.