PlayStation Peninsula Corridor Sound Levels

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The sound levels on Peninsula Corridor in TSW 2 preserved collection, are, quite frankly, abysmal. Sitting in the cab of an F40PH should not be a near silent experience given the huge Diesel engine in the engine room, yet doing the F40PH introduction, that’s the experience I’ve just had. I think the sound levels are worse than they were on the route in TSW 2020 and they need urgent attention.

• Like Like x 4
  2. simon edwards

simon edwards New Member

i had the same problem myself.i play on standard ps4

3. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

I've noticed, like you say, some sounds are very quiet. Yet the rain appears extremely loud.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

I just ran the route again. Almost no external engine sound from the Baby Bullet. :(

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The Baby Bullet has multiple sound issues in TSW2020, so what's a few more in TSW2 between friends. It’s such a nice model of a great looking train and the sound just doesn’t match it. Clearly a weak point in DTG’s development team. I don’t like to say stuff like that but I’ve come across far too many very poor sound implementations in TSW and TSW2 to be polite about it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Same here. From the inside of the F40PH sound comes and goes. And in general the loco sound seems totally broken.

7. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I just tested it on both the MP-36 & the F40 & you can hear air(See what I did there) But it reminds me of the M3 horn low & terrible.

8. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

I also noticed this while driving the Baby Bullet. First I thought it is just me, but seems to be a general problem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

On the back of this, the hissing sound you get when putting the lapped brakes into ‘Service’ on the FP40 stops after a while. Not sure why. Though viewing the external camera and using the horn might be having an impact.

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I drove a service in the F40PH yesterday and it had no engine sound at all. Ironically, I was checking out a different bug for a fellow forum member at the time, when I noticed no changes in sound when accelerating. I also discovered that you can’t use the external camera underneath the freeway outside SF station when I went to check the engine sound from outside the loco. The start of that service was a quite frustrating ten minutes. There are some intermittent looping issues with the sounds as well, as noted from a previous run in that loco.

I see that my prerelease prediction that preserved collection content will have more bugs in TSW2 to add to those already in the TSW2020 versions is slowly coming true. As well as the new ones all those old bugs still need fixing too, especially as we are expecting new content to be released for the preserved routes, so they are still very much living entities, and the new content can only be used in TSW2, so no playing the TSW2020 versions to avoid the newer bugs if you want to use those new add-ons.

It’s not all doom and gloom though, we do have Adam and his back to the future crew to address all these issues as we keep reporting them. I’ve a feeling they are going to be very very busy.

• Like Like x 3
  11. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

The external sounds seem to have changed as well. When stopping at San Mateo it was hard to hear the engine sound due to the sound of the railway crossing in TSW2020. Now all of the crossings seem to have no sound at all...

... and in general the routes sound very quiet, quite a few ambient sounds seem to be missing as well.

• Like Like x 2