Loco Instruction Manuals

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gibsonaj1, Sep 3, 2020.

1. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Hey Dovetail, can you please consider doing pdf instruction manuals for the new locos especially the German Ice train. The drivers screens are mind boggling as there are no prompts to what does what and the safety devices for that train are hard to master. I know Matt did mention considering this in one of the recent live streams.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I would happily buy a book if someone wanted to write one. I much preferred guides in this format. As more trains are released, more volumes could too.

• Like Like x 3
  3. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

There could be a subscription from Dovetail games for a TSW2 folder that's sent to you. Then everytime a new locomotive is released you would receive through the post a fact sheets and user manuals for that loco. The same could be done for new routes too

• Like Like x 1
  4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Awesome idea.

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I would really love to write one, sadly I do not have access to real life informations and documentation for foreign trains (I'm Italian), I feel like I could write something relative to just in-sim controls and systems, but not being able to verify what I experince in TSW with real life documentation I could write rubbish based on bug or glitches.

As an old school, manual-reader guy myself I always HATED how little information was in the various TSW manuals, particularly the 30 page booklet for TSW2

Also I'm not the best TSW player, I like to think I'm pretty knowledgeable about the german systems and trains in general but then a DB employers or a real driver comes here and puts me back to my place lol.

Also it is inherently wrong to pay for manuals, a subscription system is out of place if this games wants to consider itself a serious simulator.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020