The Catch Let's Face It, We've Been Scammed.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1romanjohnson, Sep 2, 2020.

1. 1romanjohnson

1romanjohnson New Member

This has to be one of the most half assed releases from a serious development team like Dovetail I have ever seen. I (LIKE MOST IN THIS THREAD) have brought all of your fishing releases, I have spent plenty of money on all your DLC from the beginning. I have to say with this release we have just been hung out and left to dry, there are so many things that need fixing in the game that I can not even attempt to list them, we don't even have boat trolling , the game has taken a step backwards, how unfortunate, IF THERE ARE indeed boss catfish on the ebro you have made them way to difficult to catch by a 1000x, there are discord servers full of people who tried to catch them for weeks and weeks with no luck and this is the tip of the iceberg, so unfortunate, you have lost a loyal member of the franchise. Any direct competitors if you can make a fishing game better than this rubbish, which unfortunately you haven't yet, (I know this because I have played the others), then there is a good space for you in the market. Further more I feel like these game engines have ruined the way games are made, and developers have become lazy, I hope to see an improvement on the new series of consoles, I remember Shemnu on Sega Dreamcast feeling more "engaging" than these games of late. Why don't we have a home base screen with a load out where your avatar is only allowed to take a certain amount of weight with him, where he can upgrade his trolley and take more equipment with him etc, give me a game with a huge map where me and a friend can hike through the forest on 3 day explorations finding unfounded fishing spots, and steal peoples boats etc etc. Give us a map and a home hub where we can plan our fishing exhibition to 10 destinations and lock in our equipment with some cut scenes of landing in the country etc etc. Am I alone? Do games seems less engaging these days or am I becoming old....

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. dbwhip43

dbwhip43 New Member

I am trying to be open minded on this one. I agree with you about the industry dumbing down but have to believe a franchise with an active knowledgeable (vocal) player base will recognize bread and butter when they see it.

It is early in the release and some things are shame on them for manipulating the player base and many things seem to be field test revealed glitches. Sadly, the industry has "leveraged" the players as their field testers. For me this is approaching strike three for Dove Tail. If they continue to show zero responsivity I am gone. A little communication would go a long way. I can be patient if I know problems are acknowledged and queued for priority. Resources to new DLC while show stopper glitches still exist is a foul.

Apparently there is a game industry business model that encourages mediocrity in game play. "great is the enemy of the good" taken to its worst case scenario. All we can do is tank its ratings when a game is all smoke and mirrors and little substance....ah well.

3. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Been fishing ebro since the game came out,only boss fish i'v caught is the emperor,3 times may i add,not 1 boss wels catfish.