PlayStation Playstation 5

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Reading about the differences in computing power and SSD vs HDD speed between the PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5, I reckon DTG could make TSW 2 as smooth as silk. I’m hopeful of that anyway. The speed of the SSD vs the 5400 rpm of the HDD should enable some pretty snappy texture and asset loading. Hopefully we won’t have to wait long for the game to see PS5 optimisations when the console arrives later in the year. Exciting!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I know the ps5 will be backward compatible but will I be able to transfer my TSW2 game and save to ps5 or does backward compatibility only apply for physical games

• Like Like x 1
  3. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

My 2 cents ont his:
    DTG have said on numerous occasions that currently there are no plans whatsoever to alter TSW2 to better suit the new consoles. If TSW2 runs on the PS5, which is not known at this time, it'll be exactly the same game as you have now. I don't think DTG will be optimizing it furhter.
    As for save games: if TSW2 runs on PS5, I hope save games can be ported over via the PSN cloud. That's also a big if, and one would need a PSN subscription. otherwise, we will need to start all over again I'm affraid

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think that is because they don’t have dev kits or access to the consoles yet. Once the consoles are out, I reckon they will work on the game to make it run better/increase draw distances etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I know Matt or Sam probably wont say anything publicly at this time as we dont even have a release date for PS5. I am encouraged by PS4 pro having extra options in the quality settings. If all platforms are using the same game files just with different levels of render distances. Please give the option of ramping up to PC spec for PS5. It might be out in November.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Well you should get 4K60 with the PS5. Pretty sure the Xbox Series X will run TSW 2 at 4K60 with no problems.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yeah its got the power. 4K isnt really my personal priority atm. Although I accept it is for others. If DTG allowed me to ramp up the settings on a PS5 version to get max render distance whilst it running smooth at 1080p. That would be more than good enough for me.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BigH

BigH Active Member

You don`t need PS+. On PS4/PS4pro you can put your savegames on a USB Stick and transfer them. Might work on PS5 aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

I too really hope TSW2 gets an update when the new consoles land.
    Should easily be on par with the PC.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

I heard that PS5 can run games @ 8K

11. BigH

BigH Active Member

Some Games, not all, that are being released near the end of the year, are getting free Upgrades from PS4 to PS5. One developer mentioned a 120 FPS Mode for a Rally Racing Game. They might have to settle for 1080p in this mode, instead of the normal 60fps/4k. I think, 8k is a long way ahead ... and i would need a new TV.

12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

PS5 will only have backward compatibility for “supported” games. If DTG have info on wether or not this applies to tsw2 could they let us know before PS5 releases. Be an unpleasant surprise if it dosent work.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Again, all PS4 games will run on PS5, but only the top 100 games had been tested (as of the Road to PS5 conference a few months ago) and are guaranteed to work. "PS5 only plays 100 PS4 games" is a misconception that somehow has stuck around despite official clarification from Sony that this isn't the case.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. LudicrousDsp

LudicrousDsp New Member

Pure speculation, but given PS4 pro only got a boost with TSW2, I’m not really expecting until a year’s time now. Fingers crossed sooner though!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Surely it wouldn't cause much hardship to unlock the current PS4 Pro version to run at 60fps?
    Would it? Or is there more to it?

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

If you have PS Plus, you will probably be able to by uploading your saved data to the cloud.

17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Cant be sure without seeing a Sony release, but yes surely just sign in to your PSN account on the new system and download from the Library.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Pre Order startet tonight! Hope everybody who wanted one, was able to pre-order!

19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

£399.99 for the digital only version was better than I expected.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Yeah, such is the rampant baseless speculation that surrounds these launches that I was expecting it to be twice that.

21. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the black version. The white console would look odd in my setup

• Like Like x 2
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Actually, it’s even cheaper at £359.99 in the U.K.

23. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

24. BigH

BigH Active Member

Jim Ryan, CEO of Sony Entertainment, told The Washington Post yesterday that 99% of the PS4 Games run on the PS5. Unfortunately the interview is behind a paywall, so these are second hand news.

25. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I think it will be a future update to better optimize the new consoles. Hopefully in 2022 or 2023 and not sooner as I'd like to see them making the most out of it.
    Rushing on new consoles is never a good idea. First games on PS5 will be face lifted PS4 games anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I would be surprised at a 2022 release as Unreal Engine 5 doesn't get released till late 21 (preview build is early 21). Then there is also the possibility of that slipping if the dreaded 'C' keeps playing havoc in the real world

However TSW running on Unreal Engine 5 certainly is going to be a really noticeable step up

27. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Why cant it run with enhanced LOD distance in the mean time

28. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

It can but quality would not be good and ppl would start complain about it pretty soon. Especially after unreal 5 comes out.
    Plus I don't think that it would be very wise choice personally but I might be wrong.

29. BigH

BigH Active Member

Sam just confirmed fully backwards capability for TSW 2 and the DLC on PS5 in the live stream today.

• Like Like x 4
  30. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

That is accurate, I said that, but let me triple check to ensure my information is correct.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. BigH

BigH Active Member

Assuming that TSW 2 runs on PS5, i wonder if PS4 save games are compatible. Could we get some information about that as soon as you know? I know you haven´t got a Dev-Kit, but maybe somebody at Sony could give you that info.

32. Ps4Player

Yep, that's an important info. I heard that some games are not savegame compatible between ps4 and ps5 :[. I really hope that DTG finds a way to save your progress from PS4 to PS5.

33. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Save games could probably work if you upload them to the cloud via ps plus. You could probably upload your data to an external hard drive and download it to the PS5.

34. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I don't see why savegames wont work with the PS5 for backwards compatibility. I think there is confusion since the Spiderman remaster that has been announced wont support previous save games. That though is to be expected just the same as every other remastered game

35. Ps4Player

Well, If it's only about backwards compability, I guess you're right. The article i read was actually about an enhanced ps5 version (Yakuza to be precisely). As long the game stays as it is, I guess I should be possible. But I'll wait until It's officially confirmed, before I cheer. :)