Custom Liveries Wont Render (pc)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by StellarBeorn, Sep 1, 2020.

1. StellarBeorn

StellarBeorn New Member

Hi everyone, unfortunately I have created a few custom liveries for the 1972 Stock and the ICE trains. However, unless I am not very close to the train, it just shows up as white (probably the default color). I couldn't figure out why this is happening.

Perhaps this is an issue with my hardware?

I have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU and a RX5700 STRIX GPU

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Umm, screenshots?

3. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

from far away mine show up has fuzzy grey blury mess and i have all the settings maxed out and still can't make them out untill i'm 10 feet from them,this is DTG for you NOT testing anything just pushing BS & Promises out

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Doesn't happen to me. Are you on Ultra settings?

5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Maybe this is about Screen Percentage (Settings > Screen). For default it is 100% (game) but only 200% looks uncompressed and it's very bad for my hardware :| Liveries Designer's default = 200%, then compressed because of game settings? Until I check it out :D

6. TheShotte

Screen Percentage IMHO is miss-labeled. It should be (Render) Resolution Percentage. This setting dictates the percentage of your resolution that the game is actually rendering at. So, if you're running at say 1080p (1920 horizontal x 1080 vertical), and set this setting to 150%, the game will effectively render at 2880 horizontal x 1620 vertical and scales it down to your resolution.

• Like Like x 3
  7. StellarBeorn

StellarBeorn New Member

Thanks for the info, I will give it a shot. Btw, here are the screenshots. 20200824145410_1.jpg
    Above is how it should look and below is how it looks. 20200825212517_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheShotte

Let me ask you this - do you only have that 1 single 72 Stock livery?
    Edit: Is it still doing it after today's update?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  9. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Sorry to revive this old thread but did you manage to fix the issue?
    I also have the same problem, legacy old skins work flawless, but anything imported with livery manager shows up in game with corrupted textures.
    When you put the camera close to the model the textures look correctly but as soon as you go a little farther it becomes a mess with all the details and color fading away.
    Also setting the scaling to 200 helps just a little in making the texture slightly more visible but it really does a number on the video card :D

I am also using a AMD RX5700 btw and i cant figure out why it does not show custom livery properly, regardless if i make them or import them.

10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Did you save your livery before using it ?

11. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

In my case please see the attachment how a livery looks in game. As you move just a little away from the model or change angle , the livery gets washed out and becomes a generic color.
    I have tried every option possible in game (i run it on ultra by default) , disabled texture streaming in cfg, disabled video card tweaks in AMD control panel. Nothing i do makes the livery show up properly. I cant understand what is happening since legacy and stock livery works perfect fine.

Attached Files: