Another Sand Patch Problem

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by liamlikesviolin, Sep 7, 2020.

1. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

From the timetable I am trying to run a manifest train with 2 Ac4400 at the front and 2 at the rear, so, The front pair are set to LEAD Cut in ON the front with radio breaker on the Distributed PWR On and all 3 engine switches are On. The rear has its switches OFF as per the manual to provide braking and power via the front loco.

Having walked to the back of the train being asked numerous times if I want to give up control I set up the rears the same with The front rear as a lead radio breaker on and distributed pwr ON and the rear rear as a trail.

Having then walked back the front of the train having been asked more times if I want to give up control I get into my seat and put on the radio disp for the rears ro work but my train wont move with or without sand and simply wheelspins out.

Any tips, I have had it with this constant faffing walking being asked if I want to give up control nonsence

2. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

The manual states that engine fuel pump generator and fuel pumps should be off in the trail loco BUT the back wall of the AC4400 says when using distributed power the control breaker in the trail should be off. So should the other switches be left ON with just the control switch off, I am so confused

3. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

If you want the rear locos to provide power then the 3 engine switches should be ON otherwise they won't provide power. Make sure the radio switches are on in all 4 locos, and the disp is on in the leading front loco only.

4. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

Thanks TrainMania but that doesn't work with the 4 AC4400's either

5. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

Q640 Cumberland Selkirk

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

So I had similar problems and have found what the problem was the following steps worked for me
    1 Turn on the Generator Field
    2 Setup the on board computer
    3 On the radio above your head turn on Banking Comms
    4 Put reverser in forwards
    5 Take the brakes off
    6 then give it power and should be able to move.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

Yeah Michael I did just that basically leaving the train as I found it turned on the banking comm without setting up the rear lead or walking to set up the pushers and it worked, seems they are set up by default to work as the power levers were working in the pushers even though they were not configured as they should have been.

• Like Like x 1