The Catch Hey Dovetail Have You Given Up On Us?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iiFuRiiOuSs F81, Aug 21, 2020.

1. iiFuRiiOuSs F81

iiFuRiiOuSs F81 Member

Hi DTG, I’m asking this question because we have had no information off you since July...
    you gave us information about new dlc lake and July angler of the month and we used to also get weekly tournament information too!
    Please notify us on what is happening!!!
    Regards iiFishFinger

• Like Like x 1
  2. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Hate to tell ya man but, yes they've given up on their players. No communication to the players unless it's for new dlc coming out. Then we get a 30 sec promo on YouTube 2 days before the dlc is released. This franchise is dying a sad, slow death! This may be the last fishing game we see from these guys seriously. They have given their supporters ZERO evidence that they give 2 Sh-ts about them or the game they put out!!!
    I truly hope the big bosses of the company find a way to restructure the whole fishing franchise/team & devote the money, people & resources it needs to be successful. Because this ain't it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. topgearatuk

topgearatuk Member

yeah they gave up sadly, had so much potential

4. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

This is why I'm sticking to FSW. :/

• Like Like x 1
  5. D3VILDOG8541

All they had to do was add the updates & improvements to FSW! That's it, simple, right? All those game improvements btw, were asked for by a lot of players of FSW! It would've made FSW much better rounded & polished. Seriously, there must've been some serious issues with their licensing agreements with all the FSW sponsors! There is absolutely no sane explanation as to why they dropped FSW for The Catch, other than that!
    It would be great if someone from dovetail actually cared enough about their game & players, to actually come out & address the community! Have you noticed there's been "Zero" engagement by any of the dovetail team to the players? No updates on YouTube or here on the forums.
    Hey DTG_Stephen where are you at? Haven't seen you post anything on the forums lately! Aren't you supposed to be the mod for the fishing forums? How about some kind of interaction with your players who have loyally kept supporting your games? What the heck is going on with the franchise? A road map of plans for where the game & franchise is going? Take a look at what your team at TSW is doing! They're doing a great job of turning things around there. They have a mod that's engaging the player base daily on the forums. They're putting out tons of info on the state of the game. They are listening to their supporters!
    What the heck is really going on with this franchise? When will you start acting like you give a crap about the players that keep your buisiness alive? Anything? Anything at all Dovetail? Are you just happy to release dlc for this 'New Game' until the well dries up? I'd love to hear anyone from Dovetail to put out any info on the state of this game & franchise!

• Like Like x 1
  6. D3VILDOG8541

Nothing but crickets!!! But I see they had time to release another DLC for the game.....with not a word from anybody at Dovetail.....about anything! This franchise is Officially DEAD!

7. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Im always wondering why did they make 3 fishing games & to make DLC for it & then make another game. Do they have a community manager here?

8. D3VILDOG8541

No, they don't. This forum has no Dovetail representation. It appears all their effort is behind supporting TSW now. This game is an after thought apparently?

I really think that being such a small studio, they were hit exceptionally hard by Covid. I think the decision was probably made to focus on their biggest money maker which is TSW. It could be a big part of the decision that caused them to bail on FSW. Everything they said they were going to address & fix in FSW showed up in ' The Catch'. It isn't a new game at all! It's the exact same game as FSW stripped of the career mode & most of the in game sponsored equipment.
    I don't speak for Dovetail. My comments on their decision making is pure speculation. That is all we have since Dovetail has stopped ALL communication to the player base about this franchise!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

DON'T start up with that "Dovetail are a small company" crap again.

Dovetail have 150 EMPLOYEES.

Dovetail are NOT A SMALL COMPANY.

Most of them are ex-EA Employees.

And right now NON OF THEM CAN EVEN BE BOTHERED TO TAKE CHARGE OF A SIMPLE FORUM.

Don't pretend they are a team of 8 teenagers coding games in their parents garage.

• Like Like x 2
  10. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

This is so sad at this point

• Like Like x 1
  11. D3VILDOG8541

By no means am I defending them. What they have done to this franchise is just sad.
    You would think at some point, someone from the company would address the player base here in the forums, put out a video, something. Dovetails actions have shown Nothing to indicate they give a damn about this franchise, especially not those who have paid their bills through the last 3 releases. It's all on TSW to keep them afloat now!

• Like Like x 1
  12. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

About 6 are ex-EA employees...

We're in the process of hiring a dedicated fishing community manager at present, but I'll have a word with the team and see if you can get a little more news and information coming your way.

• Like Like x 2
  13. D3VILDOG8541

DTG Protagonist Obviously no one here knows the real deal. Unless you're actually an employee of Dovetail & work within the FSW Team there. It's not right that the default setting for players is to complain about every little thing that they think they are owed as gamers. At the same time, there are situations where it is warranted. I know it's the individual company's perrogative to run their buisiness as they see fit. It just sucks in this case, with a company like Dovetail, that puts out games in a very under represented area of gaming(especially on console). TSW & FSW are 2 very well done franchises that fill that void. They really are the best games out there in their field.
    It's extremely disheartening to see a game such as FSW that is so good in so many ways, appear to be withering & dying. The FSW team was doing such a good job there for a while. Their forums representation honestly has been pretty mediocre for a while. But, we were getting weekly video streams of game play, progress, updates etc. Talk about the future plans of the game were strong. Then, it's as if they pulled the plug on the whole thing! We get no notice that FSW has been dropped. Then a release of a 'New' game that no one expected or asked for. That game in its essence is every upgrade & add on feature that the players had asked for 18 months prior on FSW. But, they stripped over half of FSW away. Some would say the best part, career mode.
    I love these games(FSW & TSW). I, like many others, have supported Dovetail since the very beginning. It's just extremely frustrating & disheartening to see a franchise that we've invested so much time, devotion & support to; just be abandoned & sold to the gaming community as something far less than it could be.
    I know this is lengthy & I only go on in length in hopes that maybe it gets to someone's desk at Dovetail. Hopefully they will know that even though we're very disappointed & upset at the direction they went with this franchise. There are many of us that support them. We want them to make the best sim games out there. We want them to live up to their 'By gamers for gamers' vision for the sim game community.
    Respectfully

• Like Like x 1
  14. D3VILDOG8541

And thank you for taking the time to visit the fishing forums & responding!

• Like Like x 1
  15. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It's fine, and solidly good feedback. We've been chasing after a new person to make sure you're kept up to speed for a while and as you rightly point out, the team do a good job but if you don't have any connection to what they're doing it feels like a trick is being missed.

• Like Like x 2
  16. topgearatuk

topgearatuk Member

i take it your word fell on deaf ears? :(

17. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Maybe they are preparing a new fishing game which will be the same as the catch?

18. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

The Catch II

19. steph.vetters

steph.vetters Member

Quick to correct the 6 ex-EAs on the team but that's not what this thread was about. Almost 2 months after DTG Protagonist's post. What a scam. :(