Bring Routes From Ts2020 To Tsw 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Sep 7, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I think it would be a good idea to bring over most of the routes that are in Train Simulator to TSW 2. I have suggested a few routes here, and I think that these routes would heavily benefit from the detail and scenery.

US

• Metro North Hudson Line: New York – Croton-Harmon (With M3)

• Amtrak Northeast Corridor: New York - Philadelphia (With Acela)

• Amtrak Miami - West Palm Beach

UK

• Metropolitan Line: Aldgate - Uxbridge & Amersham

• Chiltern Main Line: London - Birmingham

• Fife Circle Line: Edinburgh - Dunfermline

• Cornish Main Line: Plymouth - Penzance

• South Western Main Line: Southampton - Bournemouth

• London - Brighton (I think this is a part of ECW)

• Chatham Main & Medway Valley Lines

• London Overground: North London & Goblin Lines
    • Chatham Main Line - London - Gillingham

• Glasgow Airport Rail Link

Germany

• Frankfurt U-Bahn

• Like Like x 5
  2. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

I agree with you but also some of those routes are developed by dtg so like Frankfurt U-Bahn was developed by Justtrains also a couple of those UK based routes are Justtrains also, unless Justtrains start making content for TSW2 then atm those routes won't be brought over. Hopefully most of the routes dtg have developed in the past for TSxx will be brought over like High speed southeastern, Augsburg - München, Hamburg - Lubeck and Marseille - Avignon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Outside of London Brighten (Which East Coastway while not on the same line is in the same region so does kind of exist) & NEC Phil most of the routes listed I think are a tad too far new I feel. Personally earlier routes make much more sense to remake, on the US side there's two that I think would benefit a ton.

1; Cajon Pass: One of the original routes in TS, so lacks in various respects, off the top of my head there's no AI in quick drive, and included stock being hopelessly outdated. And frankly I just don't think it looks accurate, other old routes like Sherman Hill & Marias Pass while dated still look and feel the part, where as Cajon doesn't to me.

2; Horseshoe Curve: Mostly the same as above, albeit with slightly better stock and I think does a better job at capturing the area. With that said I think it's still one of the sloppiest routes, which is a shame considering the pretty unique era it's in. I also think having a really good timetable mode would be fantastic for it, make it feel truly busy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Class 66 Operator

Class 66 Operator Member

I don’t care where there from as long as there Freight involved prefer United Kingdom though & yeah we all spent money on them so they should be brought across to TSW 2 also a Brand new routes from Eastmidlands & Nottinghamshire area would be good

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I agree with most of your UK suggestions. London to Brighton is a must as it offers so much potential as there are so many opportunities for DLC.

Cornwall is a 100% definite; it is so beautiful, a good mix of Freight and Passenger, it has some great gradients, some amazing landmarks and it has a nice mix of Locomotive Hauled services too including the freight and the Night Riviera.

• Like Like x 3
  6. johnjohn190690

If Justtrains do TSW2 routes then we'll get more routes from their previously built for TSxx

• Like Like x 3
  7. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

metro north is my pick.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ZeenozPlays

Very good choice. If they do bring it over ima need the M3A.

9. Class 66 Operator

Class 66 Operator Member

More routes is always good,, I just really want someone to make the routes from my area Eastmidlands Nottinghamshire because of the beautiful scenery here & the great rail history in the area we also have a 5 track main line running through Chesterfield station & Double track running through Mansfield & shirebrook That then joins into the main coal line that goes past Welbeck Colliery junction & under peafield bridge & would be good to be able to understand how the trains run better in the local area with the vast amount of countryside & bridges from Victorian times .

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. johnjohn190690

I'm all for these routes the more content coming to TSW2 the better. Leicester - Nottingham - Derby it's a 40 mile route with more stock aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Class 66 Operator

Class 66 Operator Member

Thanks for your support I really appreciate it,, On previous forms that I’ve been on the devs won’t do it unless so many people ask about it so what I used to do is look through the forms & add all the stuff to my list of stuff & then add my list onto other comments & ask people to do the same as I have .

• Like Like x 1
  12. johnjohn190690

Get a vote up for Derby - Nottingham - Leicester Route. I'll support for more content on TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Class 66 Operator

Class 66 Operator Member

That’s great & it’s nice us all talking about it but how do we get dove tail to make our great routes we want,,,,

• Like Like x 2
  14. johnjohn190690

Depends on licensing, research, time to create this route, also need more people on board with this route needs to sell. Its why I suggested a vote. More we talk about this route the more they pay attention also with people who live in this area will have more knowledge than me so the more they showcase their knowledge the better it is to keep this forum going.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ZeenozPlays

By liking this post a lot. And by having lots of comments. Basically by keeping this thread alive.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Class 66 Operator

Class 66 Operator Member

Well I’m with you on that it’s obviously not going to happen over night or in to months after all who wants a rushed job ,, If Dove tail was to contact me about information from my area I would be more than happy to assist,, Most information can be found on google but obviously depends on what they need to know,,

For example google won’t tell you that the train would come down from Shirebrook & stop under peafield bridge & reverse down Welbeck Colliery junction,, uncouple & then head back up to mainline & stop at Welbeck Colliery junction in a small siding,,

And on return trip does the same but the opposite way & reverses onto the mainline,

Some trains would even come from the direction of clipston & drive straight down to the Colliery while others would sometimes go straight past Welbeck Colliery junction even when empty.

Where shirebrook station is that actually used to be a huge train yard & W.H Davis is part of that old yard & has been there ever since still working & fully operational,

• Like Like x 1
  17. Class 66 Operator

Class 66 Operator Member

Based mainly around the Eastmidlands of Nottinghamshire a very well know area for coal mining + we have great country side & farmland & what better way to share that with our fellow train enthusiasts than to hope that Dove tail gaming gets to work on this fantastic project.

More routes is always good,, I just really want someone to make theroutes from my area Eastmidlands Nottinghamshire because of the beautiful scenery here & the great rail history in the area also we have a 5 track main line running through Chesterfield station & Double track running through Mansfield &shirebrook That then joins into themain coal line that goes pastWelbeck Colliery junction & under peafield bridge it would be good to be able to understand how the trains run better in the local area with the vast amount of countryside & bridges from Victorian times .

I spoke to a chappi a few years ago working for freightliner out side Welbeck colliery,,, He had came up from immingham ,, was going to Cottam power station then returning back to Welbeck Colliery then going back to immingham for the end of shift .

Track Maintenance
    Tampers
    Rail grinders
    HST Measurement Train
    MPV Track cleaner
    Track replacement / repair

Would be good if when say reach level 100 you can maintain the rail world..

Network Rail movement & Ballast loading unloading ..

Eastmidlands Trains

Mansfield central Trains

XCountry Trains

Location & routes
    Cottam power station
    Welbeck colliery Operated from 1912

Clipstone colliery Biggest head stocks in Europe at over 200 feet tall

Thorsby colliery
    Cemex
    Buxton aggregate

Robin Hood line
    Nottinghamshire
    Derbyshire
    Chesterfield
    ShireBrook Station / signal box
    Mansfield
    Woodhouse
    Warsop
    Warsop vale
    Meden vale
    Peafield bridge
    Lincoln
    Lincolnshire
    Newark
    W.H Davis Langwith
    Immingham
    Hull
    Southampton Dock
    Toton yard
    Doncaster / Doncaster yard
    Barrow hill
    Fox low junction
    Tapton Junction
    Mansfield junction
    Welbeck colliery junction

More freight & longer freightjourneys & longer & shorter rakes of wagons ,, For example sometimes two trains will come into W.H Davis bringing just one item of unusual freight. Would be good to be able to load & unload & complete a whole job realistically

• Like Like x 2
  18. johnjohn190690

You know this route pretty well and there's a lot of freight running through it. Justtrains just released this route Derby - Nottingham - Leicester and its one of their most beautiful routes love to see it replicated in TSW2. With mixture of Freight, stopping services and express services also, timetable mode on this route would sell hours of gameplay.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Class 66 Operator

Class 66 Operator Member

I personally think anything with countryside & some mainline with loco end change & wagon unloading & loading is definitely going to sell,, Let’s face it you can do a lot more on a freight job than a passenger job & the passenger routes & DLC sell pretty well,,, And yes I know the route because it started when I was in school our teacher wasn’t very helpful when trying to get us to do stuff on the PC so I studied Trains & printed all the information off which I still have somewhere in a folder I made,,, I never liked P.E so would go watch trains at peafield bridge .

• Like Like x 1
  20. johnjohn190690

Exactly Freight and Passenger services sell really well and hopefully this route comes into TSW2 at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Cajon Pass would have to be rebuilt from scratch as the route itself has change ALOT since it was 1st released back on Rail Simulator, as BNSF has since added a 3rd new track to the route thru the pass. Not to mention how horribly inaccurate that original route is to the actual route. Plus in reality the whole route is owned by BNSF and UP only now crosses over from the Colton Cutoff at Silverwood near the Summit. Meaning most of the route that UP actually runs on is the flat Desert portions between Summit and Daggett East of Barstow.

Hoseshoe Curve I can see as being possible as the route length is within reason for TSW2. The only real question is would Dovetail keep it in the Pensy Era or bump it up to the modern Norfolk Southern Era. (Conrail would be nice IMO)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  22. stinkyheadsman

stinkyheadsman Member

lol the M3, anybody remember lirr M3

23. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

If they did add the M3 they would have to reskin it n4zvx3cj9fv41.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  24. Class 66 Operator

Class 66 Operator Member

Lazer Jet in YT might be able to do it

25. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Ditto on Horseshoe Curve and Cajon Pass. I also want Steven's Pass, Marias Pass, Soldier Summit, Alaska RR, Raton Pass, Feather River, Donner Pass, and definitely Sherman Hill. HSC needs to be set in the PRR or Conrail eras. NS is nice, and should be added to TSW2 as well.

26. ZeenozPlays

That’s an M3A though.

27. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

There is no Glasgow Airport Link as it was scrapped by the Scottish Gov.

28. ZeenozPlays

But it’s a route in Train Sim, I’m saying they can bring it over to TSW. Not if it’s really there IRL.

29. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope to see metro north in the future hopefully they’ll announce on the next roadmap I wouldn’t mind seeing the Harlem line up to southeast or Hudson Line to croton Harmon.

30. Horizon

Horizon Member

I've seen on YouTube the Leeds to York Via Harrogate route, it was from an older version of TS, 2018 I think? I'd love to have that in TSW2

• Like Like x 1