Hi-rail Trucks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by elyonpc, Aug 3, 2018.

1. elyonpc

elyonpc Member

It would be nice to have improved hi-rail trucks no only as scenery for the US freight routes, but also one we can drive as well. With the length of the route, it is impossible to walk the full distance looking for all the collectible items. When driving the route in a freight train is impossible to stop it along the route to collect them. If we had a truck that we could drive, maybe even as part of a track inspection scenario, and could navigate the route faster and come to a quicker stop when needed.

The current truck that sits at the side of the Sand Patch grade now is too small to be a good representation of the CSX hi-rail trucks. A newer model would be nice.

Attached Files:

• CSX.jpg
      CSX.jpg
      File size:
      157.6 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 7
  2. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I would definitely like a hi-rail or speeder / trolley that could be used on all routes. No-one does perway maintenance tasks like missing signs, fixing markers, etc. from a train. It would be done from a hi-rail so I definitely support this thought.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I second this. I know it would probably be a DLC but I would definitely buy it, as traveling between areas, especially on SPG, would become a lot easier. What would probably be necessary, however, is more scenery in areas away from the tracks, since you would sometimes be driving on roads.

• Like Like x 1