Dispatcher Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by paul.pavlinovich, Sep 8, 2020.

?
  1. yes

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I play Run8 and apart from the game itself, I really enjoy the dispatcher. Face it driving a train that isn't real is kind of ho hum after a while, but add a second screen with a dispatcher and you're keeping all the AI traffic on path and keeping them out of each other's way is fascinating and adds to the driving dimension. It would be cool to get dispatcher that sat over the existing route. This would also facilitate free drive / free play as it would enable the player to set all the switches and signals to their hearts content.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

It would be an interesting thing to include in the game, and if this happens there would be more reasons to play TSW other than driving trains. This would also make the scenario planner more fun as we’ll be able to bypass trains if we want to and just make the game a lot more fun to play. A dispatcher mode imo would make me feel in control of the railway.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

That is it exactly - you're in charge, not some faceless AI. Now if TSW2 ever brought in multi player then the dispatcher is essential to manage the tasks of kitten herding as multiplayer train drivers generally act like curious kittens :).

• Like Like x 2
  4. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

And if DTG ever does bring multiplayer then a dispatcher mode is almost necessary, so if 4 people want to drive the train starting at the same location and going to the same station or yard a player won’t need to wait 10 minutes for the first player to leave and the last player having to wait an hour for all the trains to be far enough away from it. Then there’s AI to consider...

• Like Like x 2
  5. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea that would be interesting gameplay like with large freight routes so I say yes

• Like Like x 3
  6. oliverwest523

oliverwest523 New Member

All i wanted to see Railway Controller mode added the game, Assign Rolling Stock operate diagrams, withdrawn the selected rolling stock, withdrawned selected rolling stock wont be auto/manual selected for running for day, train sim world 2 needed be updated support dynamic rolling stock depot starting locations, currently fixed static starting locations.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2