Bypass Scenearios

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Sep 7, 2020.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

In the american train, 2 scenarios can ot be done (at least by me), the clear cut one, everytim I am board 2 or 3 train the scenario failes, I can not read the message as it is there for less than a second, and the coal loading, you can not stop the train as all the control are locked by the scenario until a trigger unlocked them but there is no trigger (says to load 5 wagon, all wagon get loaded and it still will no stop), I have spent over 12hrs trying to make them work and nothing

Please tell me how to bypass them so I can finish the damn journey that I am stuck in

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Settings > Game > Auto-Load Journeys to OFF

3. rat7_mobile

The scenarios must be completed to exit from the journey, no matter what you set tue auto loading to

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

But U can skip a broken one this way.
    Or maybe these two are the last for You? :(

I have the-last-one I can't finish - during 3rd attempt right now...

GOOD LUCK! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2020
  5. rat7_mobile

But the damn journey is not getting done, there must be a way to by pass a impossible to do scenerio and getting the journey done

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

These two U mentioned are Ok. for me so there is a hope! :)

7. rat7_mobile

I do not understand the message, what is U mean

8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I did both of the services you have trouble with, so there is a hope for success in your case as well!

9. rat7_mobile

but I do not know or have anyway of find out what I do wrong, apparently boarding a train is causing the crash of the sceneario, and the other I have no idea what is causing the control to be frozen

10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

My Clear Cut 'working' order: unit #2431 > #366 > #2744 (probably irrelevant, but ...)
    About the second scenario: it's sometimes broken but You have to be VERY PRECISE. Don't do anything before instructed to do so - I've been through it, it spoils the mission.

GL o7

11. rat7_mobile

I have tried every single combination possible, but nothing, I even tried to sit in one, then swithc to the others, and nothing, the least attempt I had to use the windows task manager to close the program for the game.

The coal, I would prefer to just use the brake and trottle to control, has it has better control

Everywhere they are referencing to a manual of which there is none, except for the quick start that is on the main program

12. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I've done all the scenarios on Sand Patch now and have had them all work eventually. I echo the people who say don't save/restore. That does weird things on Sand Patch.

I also echo what breblimator says - do the exact things the scenario tells you to do in the exact order its asking you to do them or it will not work. After you've done everything it has asked for you can muck around to your hearts content, but make sure everything is set the way it asked at the next instruction or it can get confused.

For the coal loading, you must set Low Speed mode at 2mph then set throttle 1 and brakes released. Then don't touch the loco controls at all until the loading is finished. I use camera 3 on the end of the train and sit above the last car so I know when that has happened before the game tells me. If you try and control the train manually you can't because as soon as you set notch 1 the controls get locked and you're stuffed as you'll quickly reach beyond the loading speed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Just completed Clear Cut yesterday without any problems what so ever. Where exactly are you running into problems with that one. Coal loading is pretty straight forward as well.

I ran through all these when CSX Heavy Haul was released and am now following the journey mode in order and have completed the first two chapters and about half way through the third and have run into only 1 problem- that was where two locomotives were parked on my designated path so I just coupled to them and shunted them out of the way then continued on. So the first 23 runs in the journey are definitely doable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It's about luck. I do the same thing every TSW version, sometimes more than once - sometimes they love me, sometimes they make me blue.

15. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but then I must be the luckiest guy then. Of course I do go through a checklist to make sure all MUs and DPUs are set correctly before starting any scenario / timetable endeavor. Though today I am having a problem on the Aachen Turnaround scenario where I have a red signal after switching direction. First time on TSW2 I have hit a red signal that hasn’t changed eventually.

Update - Replayed the scenario and everything worked liked it should, On my first run through of the Aachen Turnaround, I received a phone call so the scenario was paused for a lengthy time and I was a few minutes behind schedule, second run through, no interruptions and I was a on schedule so no problems.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Precision, especially in scenarios, is the key to a peace of mind - that's right :) One mistake ruins the tower of scripts!

17. rat7_mobile

It is when I get to board the second or third locomotive, I get in and when I am about to sit in the chair I get a scenario failure message and I am then thrown back to the beginning (Clear cut)

The coal, I am stuck with the controls I can not brake or remove the power once the loading is completed and I run out of track