What About An Italian Route?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gallifillo, Aug 1, 2020.

1. gallifillo

gallifillo Member

I am an Italian player of TSW 2020 and I love this game, but most important I love trains!
    Since in Italy there are a lot of different types of trains, what do you think about adding some Italian routes to TSW 2?
    I think that this could be a great idea because, as I said before, there are a lot of different trains in Italy and I also think that they are pretty challenging to drive.
    I could suggest to add, for example, the E464 or the ETR500 or maybe even the ETR103 (the new "Pop" as it's called in Italy).
    Let me know what do you think about this idea.
    ETR103
    [​IMG]
    ETR464
    [​IMG]
    ETR500
    [​IMG]
    ETR1000
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

TSW isn't just about the trains. What's the signalling system like, the routes, the freight?

3. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

I would love to see an Italian route. Ideally one based on the mainline heading northwards from Reggio Calabria towards Lamezia Terme, but including the port at Villa San Giovanni, where the loading of the train ferry to Sicily could be modelled.

There are some great locomotives and multiple units in Italy.

D445.jpg sibari 3.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  4. gallifillo

gallifillo Member

Yeah I know that. In Italy the signalling is very similar to other countries (like Germany) in fact there are green signals long the track when a train is passing. They can be yellow if a train has to slow down for any reasons or red if a train has to stop.
    However it's different for high speed trains as on those routes there are no light signals, in fact it's all electronic an the status of the signal is directly communicated to the driver.
    Normal light signals
    [​IMG]
    High speed signals
    [​IMG]
    In Italy there are also signals for the speed limit
    [​IMG]
    In the image above you can see the speed limit. The first (140 kph) is for freight trains, the second (160 kph) is for regional trains and the third (180 kph) is for faster trains like the Intercity which has fewer stops to make.
    Here you can see an example of an Intercity train (the E414).
    [​IMG]
    For the routes, there are a lot of them. For example there are high speed routes (like the Torino - Salerno) that goes across Italy or the Milano - Firenze where there are a lot of galleries).
    There are also a lot of routes for regional trains in evey region of Italy. For example the route Ancona - Pescara that is on the east coast of Italy near the Mediterranean sea.
    Here you can see the map of the Italian railway.
    [​IMG]
    As for freight trains there are many of those too. They go across Italy on the routes that also occupy regional trains and they always transport different things (containers, flammable substances, vans, tractors...).
    An example of a freight locomotive is the E655:
    [​IMG]
    Or the E405:
    [​IMG]
    Or even the E632:
    [​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gasdesh

Gasdesh Member

Wow, mi stupisci sempre

• Like Like x 1
  6. gallifillo

gallifillo Member

Top :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. SwissMadeKzu

SwissMadeKzu Member

How about Milano to Domodossola ? It is a nice mountainous line and could lead to an extension in Switzerland via the Simplon tunnel and/or the Centovalli railway to Locarno.

• Like Like x 1
  8. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

I'll take any Italian route tbh something new to learn and understand also. So more content from countries where dtg haven't gone yet is a yes for me. Licensing, signals, research aswell so many factors will come into play.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Sorry if I'm late to the party but SCMT and RSC is IMO the best safety system out there, as complicated as the PZB, but better and more intuitive.

If you have to acknowledge (Riconoscimento) the button lights up and let's you know when to acknowledge, and being RSC a continuous system (Ripetizione Segnali CONTINUA) it's not like when you enter the 1000Hz PZB mode and you can't clear it for a while even when the signal in front becomes green, it always knows the state of the signal ahead...

Also living in Palermo, and having done that route countless time, Palermo-Messina or Palermo-Punta Raisi would be a dream coming true... it would be great, there are also single track sections so a 100% clear run passing only green signals is practically impossible.

Also wouldn't it be great to have some old style reostatic loco like the 656, which are still used is, although they already became extremely rare

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  10. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Oh I would love to drive an intercity E414 through the Italian countryside, one of the best looking trains imo.