Tsw 2 Csx Hh Dpu

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mokady, Sep 7, 2020.

1. mokady

mokady Member

Hi

Can someone try Q359 service (almost last one) with AC44CW+SD40 and 2x AC44CW DPU?
    If you manage to make all of them work, post what is setup for each loco (radio breaker, dpu breaker, banking comm, brake setting, brake handle position) I tried everything and all I get is that both pairs work but not in dpu config. In TSW 2020 DPU worked without problems. They said it will be "remastered" for TSW 2 so here we go.

I am on the verge of just buying Run8 for obvious reasons so I dont have to worry if DTG will fix anything. Not to mention CSX HH is only true heavy freight we got and there is no sign of anything new coming soon....

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This << always works for me in TSW2, but I will check, later - fighting with bugs at the moment, scared about to save and go to the menu :D

EDIT: Checked. It's Ok. for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

- Make sure the rear set of locos is set up as a standard lead/trail pair (radio circuit breakers on, but both radios turned off)
    - Then set up the loco pair at the front of the train as a lead/trail pair (radio circuit breakers on, but both radios turned off)
    - Once both loco sets have been configured (i.e. conditioned), then turn on the Banking radio *only* in the lead unit in the front pair, which should then activate the rear set of locos as a DPU set. Use the outboard camera to verify that the DPU set now throttles up and down in sync with the units up front.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Cut-off valve / Auto brake to CUT OUT for lead DPU power.

Or CTRL+/CTRL- for cab switch :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stockton Rails

...you could actually set the auto-brake to Cut-out in the lead DPU unit if you wanted to, but once the Banking radio is turned on in the lead unit at the front of the train, the auto-brake in the lead DPU unit gets set to this automatically from what I’ve seen in TSW 2020. Good point to mention though- either way actually works.

• Like Like x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

U are right about a theory and the '20 version but TSW2 is just another story :D
    EDIT: there is something wrong with DPU in TSW2 :|

7. Stockton Rails

...can you comment on what issues people are still running into related to DPU operation, provided they’re configuring their trains properly? I’ve helped quite a few folks over the last few weeks related to getting DPU up and running in Sand Patch in TSW 2, and my DPU template (virtually identical to yours) has worked for them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

1. Everything is same as TSW'20 except Cut-off valve / Auto brake set-up.
    2. AC4400CW responds VISUAL differently depending on the scenario. Sometimes the levers moves like in the Lead-Power, other times not. AMPS are fine, so just a nuance :)

#1 is problematic as well as incompatible documentation (vs v'20) or lack thereof (TSW2).
    ekhm, and tutorials about DPU - incorrect recommended auto-brake settings...

• Like Like x 1
  9. mokady

mokady Member

Thank You so much, it works (somehow). One thing I didnt do is to set DPU lead Cut out/Lead. I was going Cut in/Lead and thats why it didnt work. Now all good but I figured out that after loading save You need to press banking comm off and on again to make them work. Also when I apply ind brake in front locos the rear DPU units shouldnt also apply them? Only when I use auto brake they use their brakes too. Is this how it works in real life?

• Like Like x 2
  10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

That's the main problem with DPU in TSW2.
    I preffer to check EVERYTHING after that :D

EDIT: I don't know how exactly these two valves works in real life. Logic dictates that they should be "ON" only in the one "controlling" locomotive, but I'm probably wrong :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stockton Rails

...that’s a good question about the indep-brake, and whether or not the indep-brake in the DPU set mirrors the indep-brake in the lead at the front of the train. My guess, and it is a guess, is that this is unique to each train and is not supposed to be mirrored to the DPU set. I might have to look into that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Stockton Rails

...glad you’re good to go- having functional DPU units in the rear will def help get your trains up those long grades! Otherwise they’re just dead weight being hauled around.

13. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

First of all, thank you, cause before of this my personal DPU it was 1 lead and 3 trails :D
    I tried your setup and it worked fine, but I also noticed (about your xls file) that also the *theorical* setup it working fine.
    In a second attempt I tried to setup the DPU lead loco (the 3rd of 4) as lead auto brake too (auto brake cut in) and it worked fine the same! (I just released the 3rd loco brake, I dont know if this has changed something...) -.-

• Like Like x 1
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Interesting. I have been complaining for several days that there is a problem with it. I need to stop drinking :D
    Nice, you dealt with the problem! Cheers o7

15. Stockton Rails

...if you ever change anything in your DPU pair (on either engine), it might reset the Banking radio in the lead unit at the front of the train from On back to Off. I think I’ve seen that in my DPU work... just turn the lead radio back on after any changes and retest DPU functionality.

P.S. I’d like to see some pics of your DPU train(s)... post those to this thread if you have any.

16. allenwthomas

allenwthomas New Member

I found this out the hard way the other day. I was doing the fully fueled scenario and had a heck of time getting everything set up correctly. First, the manual is wrong. What I mean is the game does not match the manual. See my bold writing below.

Distributed Power:
    Front Pair

Lead Unit: Set up as Lead and ensure the radio fuse is on
    Trailing Unit: Set up as Trail
    Rear Pair
    Lead Unit: Set up as Lead and ensure the radio fuse is on. Make sure Brake Cut-off is to CUT-OUT
    Trailing Unit: Set up as Trail

• Like Like x 2
  17. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

This is prototypical procedure.

18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is all about this little detail...
    We have a little dispute about it here, sometimes, sometimes with ourselves :D For me, it's like for you with this valve - CUT-OUT.

19. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Thank you Breblimator your posts were very helpful.

• Like Like x 1