PlayStation Dtg V Rivet

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t it be great if Rivet could deliver a freeze free, consistent frame rate on their isle of white route, just to prove it can be done, I will be watching with great interest when that route drops and my money will be ready if they succeed

• Like Like x 2
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Well I would hope the route would run smooth seeing its not that long of a route

• Like Like x 1
  3. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

ECW already proved it can be done. Still wondering what happened with the last releases...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Then the same quality needs to be replicated, one route in many is pretty disappointing and on the Bakerloo line which is the reason I bought TSW2 it’s truly terrible and frustrating at times

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Route length is not the factor that causes the game to stutter and slow down. It’s how much information is loaded at anyone time and whether or not the hardware is slow at loading the necessary assets. A route could be a 1,000 miles long because only a small area of the route is ever loaded into memory (the bits of the route you can actually see and interact with), everything else is only loaded when needed. If anything loaded in the rendered area is draining resources or taking up to many resources the game will stutter.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

The Photo that Rivet posted of the Swiss route looks astounding. Very realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Which I have just realised is for Train Simulator. :|:|:|
    but still I hope that they can transfer their skills across to TSW2

8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I would like some of the TS routes to be ported over to TSW even if the detail isn't up to the usual TSW standards. They could offer these routes at lower prices than the usual highly detailed TSW routes. So many great ones on TS.

9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The Island Line route is looking pretty detailed, so I have good feelings.

10. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

The more detailed the more chance of stutters and freezes, I just want smooth gameplay without the immersion continually ruined

• Like Like x 1
  11. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Well, ECW is maybe the most detailed route and it's the smoothest one. I think is just a matter of good coding.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’d prefer more detail and occasional stutters, but there can be more detail and no stutters depending on how the game has been coded. Hopefully areas that are sticking for people will be further optimised in time. Maybe switching focus to getting the preserved routes into TSW 2 prevented further optimisation prior to release and once those collections are complete, more focus can be placed on making the game even better.

• Like Like x 2