PC Game Version Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Barg, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Barg

Barg New Member

Greetings all new to this great game. I recently purchased Railworks 2 after seeing a video on You Tube. I have many newbie questions but for now would just like to know where the best place to find a list of all the Railworks versions. I would like to buy them in order as much as possible and work my way up to the newest version. Thank You in advance

Barg

2. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

This forum is for Train Sim World. If that is what you are asking about, the easiest platform to access it and all DLC for it would be on the Steam platform.

3. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Railworks 2 has nothing to do with Dovetail Games, TSW or TS2018. You will need to go to the Railworks 2 website for more information. Good luck the reviews for this product have been less than stellar.

4. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

No use getting Railworks as it will be updated to TS2018

5. DANNYBOY2487

I can tell you Dovetail Games [Originally called Railsimulator.com] is the creator of Railworks, RailWorks 2: Train Simulator, RailWorks 3: Train Simulator 2012, TS2013 up to 2018. Electronic Arts had the Original Rail simulator

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Oh, for heaven's sake! Just answer the fellow's question: there's no need to buy all of the outdated versions of Railworks (formerly Train-Sim, etc.). A new version comes out each year and owners of the previous year's version receive a free update of the basic game engine; however, each new iteration also comes with several new routes and to get those previous purchasers who want them must buy them. Wise folk wait for them to go on sale. Furthermore, once a new version appears, the older one becomes unavailable. Automobile manufacturers deeply envy this method of selling products!

It is true that some items of rolling stock and even entire older routes have gone out of circulation over the years. While some let this upset them (mostly those who are upset all of the time anyway), most of us just grin (or frown) and bear it.

P.s.: what do you mean by "Railworks 2"? The current version is Railworks 2018.

7. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Railworks 2 is a separate game on a different platform distributed by EA and has no connection whatsoever with TS2018.
    Incorrect information. see subsequent posts.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  8. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I got Railworks 2 on Steam. I have TS2018 now. I have TS2018 because I got Railworks 2 on Steam. EA had absolutely nothing to do with Railworks 2. By that time, DTG had gone indie, and were under the name RSC.

9. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Don't listen to this bull ****. That's all fake. Railworks is Train Simulator. Same game, same developer.

10. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

11. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

That article says nothing about EA. In fact, it says the whole Steam thing and the upgrade chain from Railworks to Railworks 2 to Train Simulator 2012 on and on...Railworks 2 is not a separate game!

12. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

https://www.amazon.com/Tri-Synergy-...F8&qid=1514055964&sr=8-2&keywords=railworks+2
    The tag on the package states that there is a free upgrade to TS2012 and therefore an inferred progressive update to TS2018. Interesting that this has come out of the woodwork. There was at one time a mention in an ad that this was distributed by EA but that appears to have been removed. I wonder if it has all the old MSTS content, was that bundled with early Railworks? In any respect this a bit off topic for a TSW forum.

13. DANNYBOY2487

The Original game which was called Rail Simulator was made by EA

14. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

15. Calvin Sanders

Calvin Sanders New Member

Is there any word on when CSX heavy haul will be available on Xbox?

16. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

No still nothing new on that.