Nec

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nhill40, Sep 9, 2020.

1. nhill40

nhill40 Member

So I plan to visit the NEC when COVID is over. I am a fan of the rail network around the Northeast corridor, and I want it in TS2020. I know of certain DLC for it, but what is all the NEC DLC you could get (like the Acela Express, ACS-64, ect) Thanks in advance!

2. josh.ostrowski03

josh.ostrowski03 Active Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Depending on what you consider the NEC, there are the following options - mind you, the word ALL was included:
    1. Northeast Corridor (New York - Philadelphia) - Fairly dated, however it's fast running and still works in certain settings. Comes with the AEM-7 and the black standard SD40-2 (Norfolk Southern stand-in), has the Acela and GG1. (Plus, in the workshop, lots of synergy with the Horseshoe Curve.)
    2. Northeast Corridor (New York - New Haven) - Looks fairly good, needs strong PC, mostly 50-70 mph. Comes with the ACS-64 and CSX SD40-2, has some more Acela scenarios, the HHP-8, E-33 (thanks Josh), New Haven FL-9, Kawasaki M8, P32DC, maybe a very few more.
    3. North Jersey Coast Line & Morristown - This is the ultimate version, covers between New York and Rahway, comes with the ALP-45DP and has the ALP-46, an EMU. Overall it's a good choice to extend NY-Philly as well.
    4. New Haven Railroad - Backdated, around the 1950s.
    5. Starting to get broader. The Hudson Line is not the NEC however the trains could be used.
    6. Same about Horseshoe Curve, if you like old trains, Pennsy in this case.
    7. Miami - West Palm Beach is quite the stretch, however it gives you the Silver trainset which does travel south of NY.
    8. The Superliners (bilevels) don't show up much but they come with a variety of stock, either Soldier Summit, P42DC Empire Builder or F40PH Donner Pass. Probably more.
    9. Okay, let's close with a semi-joke. You want freight too, right? Norfolk Southern and CSX exchange power with BNSF, Union Pacific, Canadian Pacific and Canadian National at various frequencies. The Heritage Units show up around Trenton quite a bit. Not to mention the wagons themselves. So really, just go and buy everything! :D
    There is a big merge / recreation project in the workshop.
    Now that I've typed in, figured that you could just type "Northeast Corridor" into Steam search and get roughly full results.
    There are some scenario packs by High Iron Simulations (elphaba) which cross-reference all this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. nhill40

nhill40 Member

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1