New Route In Tsw 2 - South Western Railway(uk)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by muham.a.423, Sep 9, 2020.

1. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

South Western Railway - Add-On - TSW2

[​IMG]

Introduction:
    The southwestern railway runs 235 million passenger journeys a year. Covering regional and long-distance routes between London Waterloo and southwestern England, including Portsmouth, Bristol, and Exeter. It also includes Clapham Junction, the world’s busiest train station, in terms of trans traffic.

Route:
    This route starts at London Waterloo and passes through Clapham Junction, Basingstoke, Guildford, and Southhampton Central. It connects most of south-west England with only one railway.

[​IMG]

Their Trains:
    Class 455 “British Rail Second Generation”:

This four-carriage train runs services between London Waterloo and Guildford/Woking, which are also referred to as suburban areas.

[​IMG]

Brand New “Arterio”:

This new addition to the fleet will transform suburban routes. It is a more modernized and more reliable class that will be used in the London Waterloo - Reading/Woking/Guildford routes. This new train will change the way people travel in south-west England.

[​IMG]

Why I want this route to be added:

I would like the South Western Railway to be added to TSW 2. Specifically, the London Waterloo to Woking/Guildford/Basingstoke route. This would also include Clapham Junction aka the busiest train station in the world in terms of trans traffic. When I used to live in the UK, this train really held lots of memories for me and I would love it if it could be added. I hope others will agree with me. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Could it go to Southampton? Or is that a slight push for length?
    It would mean that you could include more freight around the docks to Eastleigh.

3. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

I feel like that would be a great idea! I don't think it will be that much of a push for length. It could also run down to Portsmouth if they wanted to add that. I just feel like they need to add more to their routes since some of them seem to just include 2 MAIN destinations. What do you think? :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I quite agree. I know that it is a long way, but Southampton is quite a key destination for both freight and passenger ships into the port. Also it is a key link to London. Even if the route only went to Woking or Guildford from Southampton, I believe it would be more used purely because of the additional freight around Southampton and Eastleigh. I would love to have the whole line, but not sure if it is feasible for DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  5. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

My local route would love to see it replicated in TSW2 but atm I don't see it being feasible, maybe in the next few years I think. Would love to see Clapham Junction in TSW2 with it being the busiest station in the UK just think with scenario planner and the service timetable will feel empty. It's why I can't wait for more services on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln as it looks empty atm. Would like to see Portsmouth harbour to Woking or even Woking to Southampton Central then yessss but anything through Clapham Junction now will feel empty.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dancomart#3014

dancomart#3014 Active Member

I'd like too see the South Western Railway on Train sim world 2 and I hope they have the Reading branch. That's my local Mainline.

7. ebobbie927

ebobbie927 New Member

I'd like to see the Portsmouth direct line from London Waterlooo - Portsmouth with the new class 701s and of course the desirios.

8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

No Desiros? :(
    4440400321t260755phbrwloowortingjn240719.jpg
    Two Class 444 wearing the old and new livery

450112_London_Waterloo.jpg
    Class 450 at London Waterloo

Those are one my facourite british EMUs

Video about sounds and possible features of those trains

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. dancomart#3014