PlayStation Ps5 Support?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Quickey, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Quickey

Quickey New Member

Hello
    I really like this game but with the release of PS5 soon, I'm wondering if TSW 2 will have updates on next gen consoles.
    I already own the game but I want to know if I'll be able to safely switch to PS5 and still be able to buy future DLC for this game

• Like Like x 1
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I don't see why it won't be. The disc version for Xbox One says Series X on the case, so it will likely be the same for PS5.

3. Rush

Rush Member

The way that PS5 and Series X are built to handle backwards compatibility is different though. While Xbox has already said that all Xbox One games will work on next gen, Playstation has only said that most of the top 100 PS4 games will be available at launch with more coming after launch, but haven’t elaborated any further on their plan for backwards compatibility or how that will work. I suspect that when Playstation finally announces their price and release date for next gen they’ll give more info on this subject.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Quickey

Quickey New Member

But surely the devs must already know how they will handle it when ps5 releases.
    I don't expect them to add a graphics upgrade, all I need to know if I can play the game on PS5 and buy new dlc from the new console
    Cause when PS5 releases, it's goodbye PS4 for me

5. Rush

Rush Member

I wasn’t talking about optimizing it for PS5 for better graphics and what not. DTG on their live-streams have said they don’t have a PS5 dev kit so they don’t really know how they’re going to be porting it yet. I’m sure they have ideas/plans, but no way to put those plans into effect yet for the new system.

Edit: I did forget that Playstation told developers that any games releasing after July 2020 for PS4 would have to be available for PS5 as well, but like I said, since DTG doesn't have a PS5 dev kit, I don’t know how long it’ll take them to get it on PS5 after launch.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  6. Quickey

Quickey New Member

You're right, I forgot that too that Playsation told developer that games have to be available for PS5
    I don't care if a special update comes for better performance on PS5; all I want is to be able to continue the game on PS5
    and buy dlc of course

@DTG Protagonist, do you have any more info about PS5 support in the future?

7. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

It will work with backwards compatibility at launch. Just download it from your PlayStation library.

8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The 'only 100 PS4 games at launch' myth was killed months ago...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rush

Rush Member

It wasn’t a myth lol. Sony literally said it. There was a rumor from a post about a month ago that conflicted with what Sony said, but Sony hasn’t officially stated how backwards compatibility will work on the PS5. They did eventually say all PS4 titles should work on PS5, but didn’t elaborate on what it will take to port them over or if they’ll just work right away and said it’ll be evaluated on a title-by-title basis.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...support-all-ps4-games-not-just-select-titles/

10. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Sony said “Almost all of the top 100” they are only talking about the top 100, they weren’t saying any others wouldn’t be backwards compatible. As of now, they say the overwhelming majority of titles will be backwards compatible.

11. BigH

BigH Active Member

It´s an Unreal Engine game. I expect it to work straight away, no port needed. I don´t expect any improvements without DTG laying hand on it.

12. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

that's me saying any X engine game should be ported